|9| War

~•~

~•~

Evangeline woke up to one of the babies crying, she turned over to see if Aleksander was still there but he wasn't. Sighing, she got up and rocked Billy back and forth which made the little boy tired again. She placed him in his bassinet and walked out to see her husband at the big round table with a huge map on it that was the room next to their's.

"Darling?" He asked, why is she up? He wondered.

"Am I interrupting anything?" She asked, still by the door.

"Not at all. Can't sleep."

"Well I just woke up to Billy crying. So I'm not going to be able to fall asleep for a while." Eva responded. "So this is the map you've been working on?"

"Yes it is. There are enemies threatened by Alina's mere existence. And there is talk of an uprising army in the west. And it's being led by the first army general. Our own people." The Darkling tan his hand through his hair in frustration. "They're turning their backs on us."

"Aleksander-" Evangeline started.

"I have been fighting this war. Alone." He interrupted. "For so long." Shadows started to fill the room, he couldn't control it right now.

Eva scooted away from the walls as that is where the shadows were. "You aren't alone." She assured. He sighed and turned away from her.

"The noose tightens. And our own people are turning shading Grisha." He led on.

She touched his hand and he looked to her. He put his hand on the back of her neck softly. He then pulled her in to kiss her.

"Let's go back to bed, yeah?"

He nodded and they walked to their bedroom together.