|4| a new face

~•~

~•~

Genya was with Evangeline when her maids walked in telling her that she had to go help the new girl. Genya and her maids then went to the room to help out the new girl. Genya sent Eva a sad smile before leaving the room. Eva hurried after her.

"May I come? I'd like to meet the new comer."

Genya and the maids looked at one another. "Alright." Genya spoke. "Come along then." The two women hooked arms and giggled.

When they had made it to the room, the girl was in her bed. "Heavens." Genya breathed. "Have you ever bathed?" The girl looked at the redhead dumbfounded. "What happened to your face?" Genya asked again.

Evangeline walked up to the woman. "Will it take more work than you expected?" She laughed.

"Yes, actually. Fetch my case." She told her workers. The all scrambled about to Eva took matters into her own hands and used her magic to bring it over and onto a table.

The new face looked shocked.

Two maids pushed the girl into the bathroom. Genya and Evangeline sat in the corner of the bathroom.

A maid spoke in old ravkan. "Smells like horse."

"A horse has a use." The other said.

"Stop. Stop. I'm perfectly fine washing myself. And yes. I smell like horse. I was on one for two hours. And I know old ravkan." The girl snapped.

Genya smirked and looked down at her hands. "In an hour you you will be presented to king Poytr. General Kirigan has asked to make you look presentable."

"I am to meet the king?"

"In an hour." Genya nodded.

"Oh..." the girl sighed.

"Yes, 'oh'. So let's get on with it."

"Genya." Eva snapped. "Be nice. She's new."

"Sorry, my lady."

"You know this is all a bit much! I really don't need any of this."

"My father will need you to look presentable. It doesn't matter if you're a saint. He must have people look good around him. It's always been something he's done."

A maid walked in through the curtain pointing to the velvet robe what was draped over her. "It's to make her eyes less Shu."

The maid seemed to forget that the princess was in the room with her. "I'm sorry? What did you just say?" Her eyes began to glow red. She doesn't tolerate wrongful hate. "That was completely wrong of you. Leave, now."

"I'm sorry madam." The maid squealed then ran out.

Genya nodded. "Everybody out."

The maids scoffed but did as she said with scowls on their faces. The poor girl stood there shocked. The princess just defended her.