|39| the plan

~•~

~•~

They were all sat around a circle shaped table. Nina and Evangeline were sat in a couch next to the table while Kaz, Inej, Tolya, Zoya and Wylan were sat at the table with Jesper standing and walking around them.

"Ohval's not just a fence." Kaz stated to the group. "She's the disciple."

"What tipped you off?" Wylan questioned quietly and calmly.

"Her tea cup. When she set it down, she did so without a sound."

"And her heartbeat never fluctuated once. It held at one beat a second like a clock." Nina stated while she sat up, almost hitting Eva.

"So she can control her heart rate and her emotions." Tolya nodded in acceptance.

"This are useful skills for a thief." Eva agreed. Tolya kept snacking on a new Shu special. Nina reached out for a piece.

"Oh my saints." She exclaimed as soon as she took a bite.

"This is where you tell us where the blade is." Jesper said to Kaz, seeming to be losing his patience.

"Ohval has it. Her signal to the waitress to spill yes of me told me as much." Kaz told his in return.

"It's as if I know you." Jesper spoke in a mocking tone towards his boss. Kaz glared at him. Eva snickered.

"And if she's not going to sell it to us," Kaz continued. "We'll have to just take it. After Nina and I ordered the tea, I had Inej follow the tea shop employee who was sent to notify Ohval."

"Well, where was Eva?" Jesper asked him.

"I don't k is and I don't care." Replied Kaz immediately. Nina have him a questionable look who just stared at her.

"She lives just outside the city. When she stopped at the tea shop, she placed an order at the apothecary that she'll be picking up tonight. I watched her at home for a while. No one came or went except her." Inej informed the group of eight as she spun one of her blades.

"So, while she's out of the house, Nina will tail her to make sure she stays out of the house. The rest of us will go in and grab the blade." Kaz finished the plan. Zoya scoffed at him.

"You don't seriously expect me to break into this woman's house."

"Uh. Why do you think we're here?" Jesper stared at her with an eyebrow raised and his voice in a low tone.

"I'm a soldier, not a thief." She turned around in her chair to see the Zemeni man. Eva barked out a laugh.

"You tried to steal Aleksander away from me thousands of times. Don't try that shit."

Zoya glared at her deeply. She opened her mouth to say something but Tolya beat her to it. "There's much less of a difference than you think."

Nina chuckled. But her laughter was short lived. "I'll go with Nina." Zoya said as she looked at Kaz. Nina coughed.

"Are you sure you don't need me? I mean. Zoya could tail Ohval."

"Nina and Zoya will wait for Ohval at the apothecary. Follow her. If she starts heading home, buy us some time. Distract her."