|17| volcra

~•~

~•~

Roars could be heard from where the crows were hidden. The beastly growls echoed throughout the fold. The monsters flying above them all.

Inej and Evangeline were sat next to each other while Kaz was in the middle and Jasper was across from the two girls.

"This is a bad idea." Jesper stressed while cleaning out his guns.

"I think it's rather practical." Kaz said from his spot in the compartment.

"What? Why?!" Jesper whisper shouted to his boss.

"I don't see how we could step off this boat without you pulling those guns." The boss responded. "So cleaning them is a good idea."

"I don't mean this." Jesper held up one of his guns. "I mean this." He twirled his finger in the air, motioning to the situation they're in.

A growl sounded yet again, they all looked up. To this, Jesper started to speak again. "We are in the worst place in the world. On a ship, full of people who want us dead. Surrounded by monsters who want us in their guts." Jesper stopped loading his hun for a moment and looked up. "I should've bright Milo."

"Who's Milo?" Evangeline asked, not knowing what's going on.

"The goat!"

"How many bullets do you have?" Kaz asked the Zemini man.

"Not enough." The sharpshooter replied.

-~•🥀•~-

"So. What's our play?" Jesper asked Dirtyhands.

"We wait."

"For what?"

Kaz looked at Evangeline for a moment. "For whatever the general has planned. Speaking of which," Kaz looked Eva in the eyes. "Do you have any idea what he has planned?"

"I wish I did. He kept me in the dark for so long."

"So we haven't figured him out?" Jesper questioned. Evangeline has gathered that he asks a lot of questions.

"Not yet." Sighed Kaz. " Consider this scenario. The sun summoner fled from his palace."

"Correct." Eva muttered under her breath.

"Now she's tied to the deck. We're sailing for a city another ravkan general hired Arken to kill her. I saw his face as he boarded." Kaz inched closer to Jesper as he spoke, Jesper backed up a bit.

"I know that look." Dirtyhands continued. "He's a man consumed with vengeance." Inej rubbed Eva's back as she noticed her shaking a little.

"See it enough in the mirror, do you?" Jesper sassed. Kaz looked at him as if he had killed his mother. Jesper hid his smirk. "So. What kind of revenge is he planning exactly?"