|20| Crow Club

~•~

~•~

They had gotten off the ship and were walking to the supposedly amazing crow club. Jesper took hold of Evangeline's wrist.

"Home sweet home. Straight off the boat form Ravka and no one was waiting to kill us as soon as we arrived. Yay! That's a good sign. I think I might celebrate with a little dice and debauchery."

Though Kaz has said nothing for pretty much the whole time they were in the ship and getting off, he finally cut Jesper off. "No debauchery."

"Dice then."

"No dice, we have stops to make."

"What's first?" Eva asked the boss.

"Tante Heleen?" Inej asked with hope in her voice.

Kaz didn't so no or shake his head he just said, "we get to the crow club."

Once they had gotten there, the club was gone. Well not gone per se, it just wasn't the Crow Club anymore. The sign was now a green circle with the Celtic symbol and crown on it.

"Where's our sign?" Jesper asked frowning, his eyebrows furrowed.

"It's been replaced." Kaz told him in his usual tone of voice.

"'The Kaelish Prince?'" Inej read out loud while she looked at the sign.

"What sort of name is that?" Eva made a face. "It sounds like a food at a fancy restaurant."

"Dime lions." Kaz now had a sneer on his face.

"Pekka Rollins owns the Crow Club?"

"Where does that leave us?"

"Who's Pekka Rollins?"

Kaz started to space out as Jesper kept talking. "Are you saying we have no home? My suits. All my hats." He whined, he looks like a baby crying.

"Split up. It's not safe." Kaz got out of his weird little funk and told the three. A whistle blew and the sound echoed in the cobblestone streets.

"Halt! You three! Hands up!" A constable sem shouted. He pointed to Eva after he noticed her. "You. Who are you?" She didn't answer. "Grab her."

"Wait!" They halted at her command. She smirked and in a second, she was gone. The only thing left of her was a red smoke cloud.

"What- alright then. Back to you three. Kaz Brekker. Jesper Fahey. And Inej Ghafa. Only a matter of time before you turned up." The man sighed.

Kaz looked him up and down. "Is there a problem?" He wobbled a bit as he had to put all his weight in his good leg.

"For you, yeah. You're wanted for murder."

Jesper put his hands down in defeat and started to whine again. "What? We just got back in town." A click of a gun made a sound and Jesper's hands flew back up. "Unless it's a crime to kill volcra."

"Very funny gunslinger." The guard man said. "Now. Slowly hand over those shooters. And you. Give up the cane." The man turned to Inej. "And you, spy-"

She was gone now too.

"Oi! Where'd she go?!" Someone of the workers moved around to try and find her. Jesper smirked.

"Yeah... she does that."

"Two's enough for now. Come on." The main stadwatch man walked up to the two men with handcuffs. "Off to hellgate to await trial."

Evangeline watched form a rooftop as the two men were put in a prison carriage. Inej suddenly appeared to watch too. "What the- hey Inej. So um. What do we do?"

"Well we wait it out I suppose."