|16| skiff

~•~

~•~

Inej was spying from above for a certain man with a top hat. She spotted him and brought out her darts. She held the blowgun to her lips and blew. She got the man in the neck and the two men next to him to freak out. The man fell to the ground and the two men followed him. Frantic calls asking if he's okay followed.

Jesper and Kaz came out from the dark and used their cane and handle of his gun to knock them out.

Jesper stared at Kaz. "Are you gonna help?"

Kaz merely picked up his cane. Jesper rolled his eyes. "Oh. Well isn't that convenient for you."

The group were now back inside with the stolen clothes. Jesper was fiddling with the hem of his sleeve and the collar of the suit.

Inej walked in holding her outfit. "You look fine."

Jesper let out a breathy laugh. "Oh I look more than fine."

Kaz, who was sat at a desk, picked up a pile of papers. "I've done some edits. Should I be enough to get us through the check point and onto the skiff." He turned his head to Evangeline. "I trust you have some way to get on?"

"Of course I do." She walked to the other side of the room and held up a dress and waved her fingers to show her chaos magic. "I have my ways."

Jesper whined as he looked at his paper. "No one is ever going to believe I'm that old!"

Inej raised her eyebrows at him. Eva giggled at Inej's expression. Kaz looked at Jespwr with his usual stone cold face. "Keep telling yourself that."

Eva chortled. Inej and Kaz smirked at Jesper stomped away.

-~•🥀•~-

"Consider yourself lucky. You're traveling with the Black General and the sun summoner." A soldier told a man before the crows. "Which means you'll witness the destruction of the fold."

Jesper handed the man his paper. "I know. I look amazing for my age." He boasted, trying to hold up the facade.

"Well I thought you looked older." He responded. Jesper painted on a fake smile and walked away. Inej and Kaz followed after. Evangeline walked up next.

"Princess! I-" she used her powers to go into his mind.

"I'm not the princess."

"You're not the princess." He guard copied.

"Well then. I'll be off."

Kaz watched in amazement as she walked over to them. "Well damn." Jesper muttered. Inej nudged him.

When the four went on the skiff, they went to the storage unit underneath the skiff. "If I'm to die today." Jesper started. "And one of you guys survive, make sure I have an open casket."

"No ones dying today." Evangeline assured.

"No mourners." Kaz spoke.

"No funerals." Inej finished the sentence.