|12| the crows

~•~

~•~

She was in a carriage apartment when all of a sudden, it started moving. She heard a familiar voice. David. And another. Aleksander.

An hour went by if her listening to what was happening when they stopped. She peeked out and saw a old building and a cobblestone road. Aleskander hopped out of the carriage. David was about to but Aleskander stopped him.

"Stay. No one needs to know you're here."

Slowly, Evangeline climbed down. David was about to scream but he covered his mouth. "No! Sh. Stop, please. No one can know I'm here. Help me out."

"Alright, Princess. How can I assist you?"

"Keep me hidden. If any of my Husband's guards walk by, cover me."

"Okay. I will." He paused and looked for a hiding pot for her. "Sit on the floor. Over there." He pointed to the other side of carriage. She plopped down and noticed a black blanket on the seat next to her. David looked at where she was looking and grabbed it for her.

"Thanks." She whispered. She then placed the blanket over her head, hoping that because it's dark it will cover her and nobody will see her.

To cover up any evidence he helped her, he took a book from his bag and started reading it with it close to his face so he could hide. He didn't want to risk any suspicion.

-~•🥀•~-

The door to the carriage opened. "Oh hello!" A this was heard and so was shuffling. David jumped up and ran out just to be hit against the head with a cane.

Jumping out from her spot she shut out her hands to push away the men around her. The man in a top hat toppled over and the man with the cane feel on his back.

"Stay back!" Evangeline yelled. "Don't get any closer you Dregs!"

The man in the top hat raised his hands in surrender. "We don't want to hurt you."

"You say that when your friend just hit an innocent man in the head with a metal cane?" She sassed, her arms out with her powers swirling at her fingertips.

The other man looked at her hands. "Are you?-"

"Evangeline Lanstov Morozova? Yes."

The Zemini man's eyes widened. "The princess?!"

"Shut up!" She screeched. "No one can know I'm here."

A Suli girl walked up to her and bowed. "We won't tell anyone your majesty."

"Please don't be so formal. Call me Eva." She smiled a warm smile.

"Apologies, my lady-" she stopped her sentence. "My lady." She corrected herself.

"What's your name?" Eva asked, her powers fading.

"Inej Ghafa. That's Jesper Fahey. And that is Kaz Brekker. We are the crows."