8

July 11, 2021 New York

Less than a month ago, I was beside my fiancée as she was getting interviewed in Hot One. Today, I'm on the chair, facing the questions and spicy food that will probably destroy my taste buds.

"Are you ready, Perry?" Sean asks me when I sit on the chair at the table.

"I guess we have to find out" I respond with a nervous smile.

Maybe I wouldn't be so anxious about this interview if not Elizabeth, who didn't even bat an eye at the spiciness. She's bloody crazy.

Sean speaks to the filming crew for a moment before silence falls in the studio.

"3,2,1..."

"Hey, what's going on, everybody? For First We Feast, I'm Sean Evans and you're watching Hot Ones. It's the show with hot questions and even hotter wings. Today we're joined by Perry Clower" Sean begins and the camera turns to me. I make a scared expression before I look down at the table with the wings. "She's a singer you know from the hits like queen of broken hearts, PILLOWTALK or Levitating! Five albums, three very successive world tours. The winner of two Grammys, Perry Clower. Welcome to the show!" He exclaims and I smile widely.

"Thank you for the invite. It's nice to make some business again" I reply with excitement and laugh along with Sean.

Don't get me wrong, I love being home, but I didn't do anything work-related for almost a year.

"How are you dealing with spicy food?"

"Well, I'm not the biggest fan, but I'd say I'm alright with it. Although, I totally prefer sweet or salty stuff" I tell him and he nods in understanding. "What I know for sure is that I'll definitely cry at the end. Maybe I'll keep some dignity at the beginning" I add jokingly, fixing my t-shirt.

"There's only a one way to find out. Are you ready to get started?"

"Hell yeah, let's make me cry"

I grab the first chicken wing and with a deep sigh, I take a bite. It's the less spicy sauce, so it's fine for now.

"This tastes similar to my food I eat on a daily basis, so it's not bad" I mumble as I swallow the chicken. I wipe my mouth with the napkin and take a small sip of water.

"So, let's begin with the first years of your career. You were in college at the time, right?" He asks and I nod in agreement. "Did you expect your music to blow up like it did?"

"I did not, no" I laugh, shaking my head. "I was in the middle of my second year when I got signed in. And I wasn't even twenty years old when my first album came out. It was the craziest thing that even happened to me. Before that, I was no one, so getting such recognition so fast, it was bloody incredible"

"You were making music, while you were in collage?"

"Yeah, yes. It wasn't easy, but I came to America with a purpose, you know? I wanted to fulfil my dream, so I worked my arse off to make it happen" I respond with a sentimental smile.

I recollect the collage years very good. Not only I was free from the abusive arsehole aka sperm donor, but also I was learning something I loved.

We move to second wing and this time I bite in without hesitation. Make a show, right?

"Let's talk about your first won Grammy. What's the story behind the song?" He questions as I lick my fingers clean.

"Mhm, well, there isn't a real story behind it. Harry and I were best friends since before One Direction, but we reconnected when I went to college. We both were known in the music world by then, so we decided to make a song together. I had more freedom in deciding what I want on my album, that's why we decided to do it under my name" I speak with full honest, mentioning the boys' label.