seventy three

I yawn quietly, rubbing my eyes as I keep cleaning the living room. We're still living on the boxes a bit, so I try to unpack it now before the guests will come. I'm kinda tired after being woken up by my girlfriend in the middle of the night for a quick sex. I'm not complaining because I'm glad to make love with her whenever she wants, but she really chose the worst time for something like that.

Today is Thanksgiving Day and Lizzie decided that we're hosting this year because we want to show off our new home. No one saw it yet, so it gives us a perfect opportunity to show Lizzie's family. This holiday we're spending with the Olsens only, but for the Christmas, my mom and sister are coming here and it's going to be first meeting Lizzie's fam with mine.

So, like I said, I'm on cleaning duty, making sure that the house looks presentable, while Lizzie's in the kitchen since the morning. How she's not tired if she slept few hours less than me? I have no fucking clue, I really thought that being pregnant is tiring, but I guess she's a real superhero or some other shit.

I exhale heavily after I move some things around and wash every surface from the dust. I stand in the middle of the room and smile proudly at what I did with the room.

"Love?" I call out, turning my head to the back, wanting my girlfriend attention.

"Yeah?" She snaps her head to me with a hand mixing something on the stove. "Oh, it looks nice" She says after she notices, now, clean and fully unpacked living room.

"Thanks" I reply, feeling good with the acknowledgment from her. "What should I do next?" I ask, walking to the kitchen island and resting my elbows on it, waiting for my next orders.

"Living room was the last on your list, right? Downstairs are ready?"

"Yep. All cleaned and unpacked" I confirm with a nod.

"Good. Em, well, I'm almost ready with the food, so you can go shower now. I'll finish this and shower after you, okay?" She suggests and I nod again in agreement.

"Okay. Call me if you need anything" I tell her before I go upstairs to our bedroom.

Lizzie joins me in the shower at the end, but we don't have time for anything, so I give her a sweet kiss before I wrap myself in a towel and walk to the bathroom sink. I dry my hair first, letting my body to dry off. When my hair is dry, I put some gel on and model them backwards, then I wipe my still wet body parts and put my boxers and sports bra.

Fully dressed, I leave the bathroom after sharing another kiss with Lizzie, who freshly leaves the shower. I go downstairs to set the table already and after I'm done, I make some tea for us and bring it upstairs.

"Thanks, babe" Lizzie says when I place a cup on the vanity table in the bedroom where she's doing make-up.

Why she's doing it? I don't know. She practically didn't wear make-up since July, only for event and even then, she kept it minimum. But today she wanted to go crazy with it and because I'm a sucker for her and I'm kinda bored, I sit on the bench at the end of the bed.

"What?" Lizzie chuckles when she notices me staring at her through the mirror.

"Nothing, you're just pretty" I shrug and she giggles quietly.

The tea rests next to me on the tray and I feel so many emotions at once. Honestly, everything just hit me right now. The love of my life is pregnant with my baby. My son will be born in the next two months. We're living together for a month now and it's the best time in my life. Living with my girlfriend is superior, she's so awesome and good to me. I really couldn't imagine anyone better to bear up with me for a longer than anyone. It's so fucking crazy for me and because of that, I can't help with my next words.