six

*Mentions of SA at the end. Nothing specifically*

"Lizzie?!" I breathe out loudly when I recognize the girl in front of me. Lizzie cries out and collapses on the ground, pulling her knees close to her chest. "Hey, it's okay now, you're safe" I say quietly as I drop to my knees before her. She's wearing a black jumpsuit with a necklace and I don't see any purse near her, just her.

I start reaching my hand to her face, so I can look at her and search for any injures, but I withdraw it abruptly when she flinches at my movement.

"No, Lizzie, hey. You are safe, he's not here. You know me, remember? I'm Perry" I say softly to her, my hands twitching and my heart breaks wanting to hold her in such a fragile state, but knowing I can't, because she's afraid.

Lizzie lifts her head softly at the mention of my name. I can hear how my heart breaks into pieces as I see her red, puffy eyes and wet cheeks. Also, I can feel how my blood boils when I see a scratch on her forehead and already forming bruise on her left cheek.

"P-Per?" She stutters between a few sobs. I automatically smile at her use of this nickname.

"Yeah, it's me, love. Are you okay? You're hurt anywhere?" I ask softly, but she shakes her head. I let a sigh in relief at her confirmation. "That's good, Lizzie, Very good. What about, I'll take you somewhere safe, hm? Your place or mine, what do you think?" I ramble a little, wanting her to feel safe around me.

"Y-yours, please" She whispers so quiet that I barely hear her, but I do. "Not alone" She murmurs then and I nod, knowing what she means. She doesn't want to be alone tonight. It's a normal thing.

"Alright, whatever you want, Lizzie. We'll go to my place, I just need to text to my security, okay?" I ask and wait for her to nod. She does, so I pull out my phone I text him 'get rid of the girl and drive where I run off, quick'. "All done, the car will be here in a minute. Do you wanna stand up and wait for the car closer to the road already?"

"Yes" She whispers softly, wiping her cheeks and looks around worriedly. I see how her eyes move quickly around the area, trying to find any dangers.

"You are safe, nothing will happen to you now, okay? Never when I'm with you, I promise" I mumble to her and my hands twitch, wanting to reach her, but I stop myself, before I can even move a finger. "I can help you stand if you want. Can I touch you?" I question her, wanting her consent for every move who includes her.

Her eyes snap to mine as she thinks about it. She takes a deep breath, but nods nonetheless. With her consent, I stand up slowly from my crouched position and hold my hand to her, giving her another chance to say no to touching. I can see how hesitant she is.

"It's alright, Liz. I won't hurt you, I promise. Take your time, love" I encourage her to take my hand, because to be honest, I don't think she can stand up by herself in her current state.

With a shaky hand, she grabs my hand slowly and holds it unsurely. I give her a comforting squeeze and hold another hand for her. This time she grabs it quicker and more surely and I smile proudly at her.

"Good job, now I'll help to stand up, okay?" I say and when she nods, I lift her softly from the ground. Her legs shake a little and she'd fall if not my hold on her, keeping her on her legs. "It's okay, I got you, Liz" I assure her quickly, seeing her fearful expression. I don't want her to spiral again.

"I'm okay" She says under her breath, probably to calm or ground herself.

"You're okay" I repeat after her with an assuring smile.

She gives me a half smile and I take it as a win for now. We both hear a car's engine near us and we both look there. I sigh happily when I see it's my car.