twenty seven

December 31, 2017 Los Angeles

I look at my phone nervously and when I see that it's already after lunchtime, I let out a tired sigh, putting down the controller and stand up from my couch, leaving the paused game behind me.

24 hours just passed and Lizzie didn't text me back once since I left her house yesterday morning. I was needed in studio ASAP for one of my new songs as I try to record slowly my new album already and I was pretty busy the whole day, but I texted Lizzie few times.

No response for my tries, what makes me anxious. She's always texting me back or at least tells me that she'll be too busy to do it, not now though.

Especially, that she's supposed to come to my place in a few hours, so we can go together to Harry's for the party.

It's still early enough, so I put a gray sweatshirt with a black body warmer on top of it, black sweats and my white Air Forces, leaving my apartment in a rush, grabbing my keys to the car in the process.

I drive to Lizzie's rather quickly and when she doesn't answer the door after my knocking, it's this moment that I decide to fuck this and I open her door with my spare key I got from her before she left to Atlanta. Only to water her plants when she was away or for emergencies. And I'd say it's emergency.

"Lizzie?" I call out into the silent house, closing the door after me and putting the keys on the table.

No one answers, so I take off my body warmer and shoes and enter the house. Living room and kitchen are empty. I bite my bottom lip in worry as I approach to her bedroom's door. I freeze when I hear a cough from the other side. I lift my fist and knock softly, opening the door after a moment.

"Darling?" I call out again, this time quieter, peeking my head through the ajar door. "Oh, love" I gasp softly at the sight of laying Lizzie under covers, only the top of her visible.

I walk over to her quickly, sitting on her side. She has closed eyes, breathing heavier than usual. A light redness on the tip of her nose and a lot of used tissues on her night stand and above the covers.

I brush some strands from her sweaty forehead and rest my palm on it for a dew seconds.

"Bloody hell, you're burning" I say concerned and lean down to kiss her hairline.

When I lean back, Lizzie's eyes flutter open slowly and I'm met with her gorgeous, but tired, green eyes.

"Perry" She breathes out tiredly and I smile softly at her, caressing her cheek with my thumb.

"Hi, sweetheart" I murmur as I move my other hand to the night stand to grab a clean tissue.

"Why are you here?" She asks quietly, sniffing slightly and letting a small cough in the meanwhile. "Sorry" She apologizes and closes her eyes again, trying to wipe her nose with her sleeve, but I grab her wrist before she does, making her open her eyes one more time.

"Don't apologize and let me do it" I say as I grab her nose through the tissue, excepting her to blow.

"No" She whines, shaking her head softly and trying to pull back, but I rest my hand on the back of her head to stop her.

"Don't be a baby, just blow your nose, darling. It's alright" I assure her sweetly, but seriously, so she knows that I'm not joking. She gives me a hard look, trying to get me back off, but I only raise my eyebrow not impressed at her. She rolls her eyes and sighs defeated, doing what I requested. "Gross" I mumble jokingly when she finishes blowing her nose and I pretend to shake from disgust, putting the tissue away.

"Perry" Lizzie whines in embarrassment, hiding her face under the covers.

"Sorry, sorry, my love" I laugh, leaning and kiss her forehead again. "How are you feeling, Elizabeth?"