thirty six

February 24, 2018 Los Angeles/Seattle

Two days after Lizzie's birthday sucked. While the weekend with my girlfriend was awesome and I love having her around, I didn't enjoy the conversation we had on Sunday.

After a half night filled with nightmares, I wasn't too much in the mood, but it didn't stop Lizzie from sitting me in the living room and starting to tell me about her concerns.

Her concerns about me and alcohol.

We had a long talk about my habits and coping mechanisms. For the beginning, I went into defensive mode and escaped from the talk to my bedroom.

Lizzie gave me some time to think and I returned to her like a kicked puppy and hugged her with some tears in my eyes. She held me until I stopped crying and then we talked about everything.

I promised her that I'll stop drinking alcohol to escape my problems and I'll go to her instead, so we can solve them together. As partners.

Monday came after that and I went to my lawyer's office and asked him to file for a restraining order. He assured me that it'll be quick and I don't need to be worried about it. Happy with the results, I went back to Lizzie and snuggled into her arms.

On Tuesday evening I left to London for the Brit Awards as I was nominated for 3 categories and I won for the British Female Solo Artist. I stayed with my family, but I came back to the US on Thursday morning, not wanting to waste my last free days.

But now, it's Saturday morning, around 4 a.m and I just finished a quick shower with half closed eyes while Lizzie's still sleeping on my bed, looking comfy as fuck.

I'm getting ready first quickly to wake her up soon, so we can make it for our flight at 7 a.m.

Normally, I'd be in a tour bus, starting the tour already yesterday from LA, but I'm flying out there today with my girlfriend as she decided that she wants to be on my first concert and I feel fucking amazing about it.

I change my clothes in comfy sweatpants and matching hoodie and turn off the light in the bathroom. I go to the bed and lay on my side, hovering above the sleeping woman.

I start peppering feather kisses on cheeks, then forehead and nose and just then, she scrunches her nose and flutters her eyes open.

"Baby" She whines in a groggy tone.

I smile against her skin and peck her lips multiple times until she grabs my cheeks and holds my face away with minimal space between our faces.

"Hey, my love" I murmur, nuzzling my nose against hers.

"Hi, love bug" She whispers back and smiles widely at me as she opens her eyes fully. "What time is it?"

"Early, but I want to have breakfast with you before the flight" I say and her eyes sadden at the reminder.

"Em, yeah, sounds okay" She agrees, but I pout at her sad tone.

"C'mon, I'll take you to the kitchen, okay?" I suggest after a minute of hugging. She nods softly, so I sneak my hands under her ass to grab her. "Wrap your legs, darling" I tell her and she does it, she wraps her legs around my waist and arms around my neck.

I push myself from the bed slowly and stand up with Lizzie in my arms. I walk to the kitchen and put her on the kitchen counter.

I walk to the kitchen and sit her on the kitchen counter. I take the hairband from my wrist and pull her hair in a messy bun, kissing her hairline after that and earning an adorable, tired grin from her.

"You can choose whatever you want for breakfast, my love" I say, taking her hands in mine and bringing them close to my mouth. I kiss her knuckles lovingly as she hums in thoughts.