thirty four

I kick the little rock on the sidewalk, exhaling loudly and sniffing slightly. I need to force myself to not turn around and run to Lizzie, pushing the twins on my way, so I could just hug her. I feel disgusted and disappointed with myself right now.

Today wasn't supposed to go like this. I had such a bloody good time at lunch. I made a great first impression on Lizzie's dad and fixed her mother's opinion about me. I was on my best behavior today.

But then I came back home and saw him in front of my building.

I lock my car behind me and with the biggest grin, I slowly start approaching my building. Wanting nothing more than to sit with my guitar and write some new lyrics I just have in my head.

But when I loop up from my feet, just before I reach the door, I notice a similar man.

I furrow my brows in confusion and glance at him, to get a better look, but I feel my body freeze when he smirks at me and starts walking over to me.

"Perry! My daughter, oh how I missed you!" He exclaims loudly, opening his arms as he stops a few feet ahead of me. "What? No hug or even hello for your father? I thought I raised you better than this" He says sarcastically, but lets his arms fall to his sides.

"You didn't raise me, mom did" I hiss out through my teeth finally, inhaling deeply and trying to keep calm. "What the hell are you doing here? How the fuck you even got into US?" I add quickly, not wanting him to mock me again.

"Oh, my dear, Perry. You think I don't have friends to help me out? C'mon, you know better, you always knew better" He announces proudly and I feel sick at his tone. He tries to step closer, but I take a step back immediately, wanting the space between us. "Don't tell me you're still scared of me? Did I really hurt you that much? Well, I guess I did, after all, I went to prison because of you and your pathetic mother"

"You went to prison, because you're a sick man! And don't talk about mom!" I spit out at him, clenching my fits from anger. He notices this, because he looks down and smirks at me.

"What? You wanna punch me?" He mocks me and I dig the fingernails hard into my palms. "You think that now after you got some money and fame that you're better than I? You're still as pathetic as I remember you!" He shouts at me, pointing his fucking finger into my direction.

I take a shaky breath as I look briefly into the building and see the bodyguard looking at us with a worried look.

"I don't need money or fame to be better than you. You were never better than me or anyone really" I reply to him calmly. "Just a pathetic old man who needs to hit women to feel better about himself" I raise my voice slightly at him while smirking at his angry expression.

"You take that back, you fucking brat!" He shouts and launches at me. I'm quickly in the move and dodge his punch, pushing him away from me.

"Is that really what you got? Wow, I remember you stronger than this" I tease him mockingly. "Did prison weaken you or is that because I know how to defend myself now, hm?" I continue and he tries to hit me again, but I'm faster and in response I hit him straight into the nose, making him stumble.

"You little bastard!" He yells and spits out the blood on the sidewalk next to me. I just chuckle humorlessly and adjust my jacket.

"You should never come near me again. Me or my family. You're fucking dead to us" I tell him firmly and he scoffs at me.

"Miss Clower!" The bodyguard calls out as he opens the door and flicks his eyes between me and my dad. "Do you need help?"

"Yes, Pete. That'd be great, can you throw him as far as you can and ban him from entering the area?" I ask him softly and he nods immediately, moving to grab my dad by his collar.