forty

I come inside the theater, but stand close enough to enter, so I can watch the red carpet easily. Lizzie arrives pretty early and I watch how she exits the car, fans and paparazzi yells at her. She waves to the fans with a little forced smile, but she's trying her best to relax. But I know she'll calm down after the hardest part of this evening, the photo wall.

I know that Lizzie likes being interviewed if she's asked about her work and not her private life and I think on a premiere like that, interviewers will be professional enough. She loves interactions with fans, she told me once that she loves how people love her role as Wanda and even sometimes she doesn't feel good enough, they make it better for her. But one thing she despises the most is posing on the wall. She hates it with her whole heart, but I see how she tries her best right now.

She always does.

As I watch her posing for the paparazzi, I notice the moment where her head snaps to the entrance and she smiles brightly when we share a quick eye contact. I give her a small wave and blow her a kiss, making her look away from me, her face flushed a little because of me. I chuckle softly at her being so cute and can't help, but admire my beautiful girlfriend.

A few minutes later, she moves on to the side and starts with her interviews. The whole time she looks very passionate as she talks with people. I guess the questions are alright.

"Watching your girl from a distance, huh?" A male voice fills my ears and I look behind me with a smile.

"Isn't that Sebastian Stan. You're looking good, mate" I exclaim happily as I pull him into a quick hug, patting his back as we pull away.

"You look great too. I like the matching with Lizzie's character" He teases and I chuckle with a shrug.

"What can I say, mate? I'm a sucker for her" I tell him truthfully and he laughs, but smiles anyway.

"Good, good. She deserves the best, I'm glad she finally found one"

"Thanks. I'm trying my best for her" I mumble more quietly and turn my head to look back at Lizzie with him by my side.

"I know" He smiles softly, shoving his hands into his pockets as he turns to look at the red carpet with me. "You excited to see the movie?" He asks and I look at him briefly.

"Hell yeah. This movie has an amazing cast, it has to be good" I state and he snorts slightly. "And I bet my girl looks very nice, so yeah..." I trail off and he pats me on the shoulder with a laugh.

"I'm gonna head up inside, see you there" Seb informs me and after quick goodbyes, he leaves me alone again.

I focus on Lizzie one more time and smile proudly, seeing her taking photos with fans. Right now, she's looking the most relaxed since the start of this evening. I stand like this for another ten minutes, a lot of people passing next to me through the time.

But then she begins to walk to the theater and I sigh in relief, happy that the waiting is over. When she's close enough, I open my arms for her and she doesn't hesitate to fall into my embrace.

"You were so bloody good there, my love. I'm so proud of you" I whisper in her ear, kissing her hairline softly.

"I love you" She murmurs instead and I chuckle quietly, rubbing her back.

"I love you" I say it back just because we always do. "And accept the damn compliment, Elizabeth" I grumble, poking her side in warning. She jumps from me and shots me an annoyed look.

"Whatever" She huffs out and I raise my eyebrows only for her to roll her eyes, a small smile ghosting on her face. "Thank you, baby" She mumbles finally as she gives me a peck on the cheek, wiping the spot after.