~sensory overload pt. 1~

~

Wednesday's POV-

I awoke to my hyper girlfriend practically bouncing off the walls, squeeling as quietly as she could. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Enid my darling, how could you possibly be so excited at 8 in the morning?"

She quickly leapt onto our bed and crawled closer to me to show me her phone.

"BARRY PYLES IS COMING TO JERICHO!" She exclaimed, showing me an event announcement at a local music venue.

I don't know much about the artist but he's practically the only person Enid listens to. I'm not a big fan of his style of music but have listened to all of his songs so I could better understand Enid's interests.

She'd been taking about his tour for the past few months and all about the mystery shows. He apparently planned 3 mystery shows in unknown locations.

"IT'S HIS LAST MYSTERY SHOW AND IT'S IN JERICHO!" I closed my eyes tightly in a long blink.

"Sorry- I'm just excited!" She whispered apologetically.

"No need to apologize. You're excited! And I'm excited for you! I just need to take a moment to wake up, love." I explained.

My gorgeous girlfriend nodded and hopped up off the bed. She continued to stare at her phone screen, silently.

"So...? What time is the show and what should I wear?"

"OH MY GOSH ARE YOU SERIOUS??? CAN WE ACTUALLY GO!?!?!?" 

"Of course we can, he's your favorite artist and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Grab my wallet out of my backpack and buy the tickets."

I got up to go brush my teeth but was quickly tackled into a hug my a certain blonde.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" She exclaimed and she planted quick kisses all over the side of my face and neck.

~lil time skip~

It was about an hour and a half before the venue opened for seating. Enid told me to wear whatever I'd like to.

I decided on some loose black jeans with a black collared shirt and a white and black flannel.

I walked out of my closet wearing my outfit and found my converse. After tying my shoes I went to check on Enid in the bathroom.

I knocked lightly on the door and it swung open. Enid was sat on the counter scrolling on her phone.

"Enid, darling, it's almost time to leave. Have you finished your hair?"

She quickly snapped up from her phone and a look of panic flooded her face.

"No! I haven't even started on my hair yet! I was looking for some ideas and got totally distracted!" She blurted out, clearly flustered. She hopped off the counter, shaking as she quickly searched Pinterest for some hair ideas.

I placed my hands on her waist and leaned my head against her arm.

"It's okay, we have time. Find what you like and I can help you." I said trying to calm her down.

~

We arrived at the venue hand in hand. Enid's bubble braids bouncing around as she bounced up and down as we waited in the security line.

Finally we got into the building and it was bustling with fans. Granted it was a smaller stadium than most of his tour locations, many fans from nearby cities had quickly traveled to Jericho for this show. Some fans even flew in from nearby states.

The building was flooded with brightly colored outfits and loud excited fans. We waited in line for Enid to buy a hoodie and then found out seats in the arena.

~

Part two in the works <3