~scars pt.2~

TW:  Mentions of self-harm

~

Enid's POV-

It was the first day of therapy. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous...

I was terrified.

For as bubbly and happy as I am, I find it really hard to open up about what really goes on in my head. People always assume that I'm this sunshine and rainbows maniac 24/7. News flash, I'm not.

I have my good days, my bad days, and my worst days.

Just like everyone else, I have problems.

Wednesday has been super supportive and understanding of it all though. Me and her stayed up all night talking about all of it. She gave me some advice, but also recommended seeing a therapist.

She said that Dr. Kinbott has been helping her with her panic attacks a lot, and that she might be able to help me with what I'm going through.

I told her I wasn't quite comfortable with the idea of therapy yet so she suggested going together.

  "I could go with you if you'd like. If that'd make you feel more comfortable." She said.

  "That would definitely help." I smiled.

On the walk to the office, Wednesday noticed my hands were shaking a bit. We stopped outside the door.

"Hey, if you aren't ready, just tell me. We don't have to do this if you don't want to."  She said, taking my hands in hers.

"I'm ready." I nodded.

And so the first session began.

It actually went really well. Dr. Kinbott's office was nice and comforting, it wasn't half as scary of a place as I pictured it.

Dr. Kinbott asked a few questions about my childhood, my school life, relationship with Wednesday, all the normal get-to-know-you questions. It was unexpected, I thought she'd go right into all the big stuff like,

"So WhAt KiNd Of TrAuMa dO yOu hAvE?"

"WhY aRe YoU dEpResSeD?"

"WhAt'S WrOnG WiTh yOu?"

But she didn't ask any of those. It felt like she actually wanted to get to know me, it was nice.

At the very end of the session she gave me a bit of "homework."

"Now, I've got a bit of homework for you to do work on this week." she said. Instantly I groaned.

"Not that kind of homework," she laughed.

"I want you, any time you feel stressed out, sad, upset, or like cutting, tell Wednesday. She's gonna make sure you stay safe and get calmed down." Wednesday nodded and set her hand on my knee.

"I'm always here to help." Wednesday said.

 "Then once you're calmed down, I want you to write. Write about how you felt. It doesn't have to be anything special. No word count, no format, just write how you felt. It can be a paragraph, just a sentence or two, or even just one word." Dr. Kinbott said as she handed me a small notebook.

The cover was light yellow, with specks of pink and orange glitter. Maybe this wouldn't be that bad. Just writing a bit in a cute little notebook isn't a whole lot of work.

~

Later that night me and Wednesday stayed up talking about the day, about the session, and loads of other random crap. It was nice.

You know, maybe this whole therapy thing isn't that bad.

~

(518 Words)

AUTHOR'S NOTE

can we pleaaaaaase normalize going to therapy!

everyone has issues! even enid and wednesday!

please don't ever feel scared to seek help!

stay lovely! <3