~pills pt. 2~

AUTHOR'S NOTE
as i said in the last chapter of this series,
i DO NOT have bipolar disorder! i don't know anyone with bipolar disorder! i have done my best to gather information online about it however, it may or may not be accurate! i am going to try my best to make it accurate according to my understanding of the disorder but please know that it may not be entirely accurate.

~

Enid's POV-

What the heck is "Lithium Carbonate?"

Is this Wednesday's medication?

Why was Wednesday on medication?

Why hadn't she told me she's on medication?

All these questions were whirling around in my head.

I shook my head and went and plopped down on the bed. I grabbed my laptop off my nightstand and opened up Google.

"What is lithium carbonate?" I searched.

"Lithium Carbonate is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder." I read.

Bipolar Disorder?

I had heard of the disorder but never understood really what it was.

"What is bipolar disorder?" I searched. 

"A disorder associated with episodes of mood swings ranging from depressive lows to manic highs."The exact cause of bipolar disorder isn't known, but a combination of genetics, environment, and altered brain structure and chemistry may play a role.Manic episodes may include symptoms such as high energy, reduced need for sleep, and loss of touch with reality. Depressive episodes may include symptoms such as low energy, low motivation, and loss of interest in daily activities. Mood episodes last days to months at a time and may also be associated with suicidal thoughts.Treatment is usually lifelong and often involves a combination of medications and psychotherapy."

I continued researching more about it.

~

Wednesday's POV-

I came back to the dorm to find Enid on her laptop. I sighed as I flopped down on the bed next to her. Enid closed her laptop and set it aside. She turned her body to face me.

"Wednesday, we need to talk." She said.

"About what?" I asked, not bothering to sit up.

Enid paused for a moment. She sighed deeply.

"About your medication."

I froze.

"W-what do you mean medication?" I asked, tripping over my words.

"I found an empty pill bottle on your dresser..." She started calmly.

"I looked up what it was..." She said as she placed her hand on my knee.

She sighed quietly.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I don't know..." I replied.

"I thought that you'd think I was weird..."

"Wednesday, I would never think of you any differently because you have a disorder."

"I just- I don't know... I've always been self-conscious about it... like that I wasn't normal..."

~

Enid and I continued to talk about it for a while. I explained to Enid more about what bipolar disorder is and about how it affects me.

She was super patient and receptive to what I was saying. I felt a lot better having told her. Like we had this even deeper connection now.

~

(462 Words)

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey so this chapter is kinda short but took me way too long to write

i want to make sure i'm getting this story right because it does depict a very real and not very well known disorder

i always want my stories to be somewhat accurate, but this one feels different

because bipolar disorder is a less commonly-known disorder i want to make sure i'm portraying it in as accurate a way as possible

thank you all for your patience!

new chapters coming soon!

stay lovely! <3