~weak in the knees~

~

Wednesday's POV-

I was sitting at my typewriter, carefully plotting out my next set of words, when my roommate burst through the door.

"Xavier just cannot stop blabbering on about the art fair!" She exclaimed as she stormed over to my side of the room. Finally she flopped down on my bed dramatically.

"What do you think you're doing on my bed. It was my understanding that you preferred your rainbow, fluff infested bed." I replied. Enid simply laughed as she sat up to look at me.

"What are you working on?" She asked as she kicked her legs behind her.

"I'm writing a piece on the excruciating death of being burned alive."

"Always so heartwarming, you should really try writing about more dark topics cookie." I rolled my eyes.

"What have I said about those horrendous nicknames?" I stood up to face her.

"Don't lie, you love them!" She sat up from the bed.

"I don't love anything." I stated as I began to walk to my cello.

"Not even me?"

I stopped. A shiver ran up my spine.

I heard her walk up behind me and place a gentle hand on my shoulder. It was warm, her hand was soft. I felt the warmth spread up toward my face. I could feel her gaze as she stared at me.

"Wendy, are you... blushing?" She laughed as she pulled me around to face her. I looked down, facing the ground.

"Wednesday Friday Addams, you're blushing!" My legs shivered beneath me. My knees shook slightly.

"Wednesday, look at me." She placed her hand under my chin and raised my face to meet hers. My cheeks flushed a bright red, my breath stopped in my throat.

"Well, well, the cold Wednesday Addams has truly thawed, for me of all people."

Finally I looked in her eyes. It felt like all the air in my lungs had been sucked out. My knees grew weak, shaking madly.

"Are you ok Wens?"

My vision began to darken, finally I collapsed.

~

When I woke up, I felt an odd weight on my chest. I took a deep breath and felt the weight shift. I looked down to find that it was a person, Enid to be specific. She had laid her head on my chest and she had her arms wrapped around me. Startled, I shook slightly, stirring Enid awake.

"I was beginning to wonder when you'd wake up." She said in a tired voice.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'm not quite sure, you started turning red in the face, you started shaking, then you started to fall. Good thing I was there to catch you."

My face began to turn a light shade of pink.

"Oh, Wens not again!" Enid said as she saw my face.

"Don't tell me I make you that uncomfortable, after all this time we've been roommates?" She said as she sat up. The comfortable warmth left my chest.

"You... you can lay back down... if you'd like"

Enid smiled and laughed.

"You're too cute sometimes."

Just hearing those words made my heart flutter, and not in the bad way.

~

(490 Words)