~the duel pt.3~

~

Wednesday's POV-

After the incident, I'm now stuck on crutches. I would rather suck up any pain than use crutches. They terribly impair my ability to swipe someone's legs out from under them. In any life or death situation, the crutches are entirely unrealistic.

I told Enid about my thoughts on them, she told me they were for the best. That my leg would heal faster with them than without. I suppose I agree, I'm still not pleased with them. Especially when it comes to getting around campus.

The average person would probably say something along the lines of
"You never realize how many stairs are in this place until you're on crutches!"
But no. I knew exactly how many stairs are in Nevermore after my first day here. Regardless, it is rather hard to go up and down them.

Enid has been very supportive, always offering to carry my things. She also insists on tucking me into bed each night. Of course, I'm not complaining about that part...

One morning, I woke up and she wasn't in bed. I guess I failed to mention the fact that she's also insisted on cuddling with me each night. Again, not super upset about that part...

I sat up and looked around the room.

"Enid?" I called toward the bathroom. No response.

I guess she had something important to do. Was I upset that she left me? Maybe just a little.

Oh well, I could manage without her.

I swung my legs around to the edge of the bed and reached to grab my crutches. They were just out of my reach. The first challenge, I suppose. I leaned forward to try to grab them but slipped off the edge of the bed. I crashed down on the floor with a thump. A small piece of paper fluttered off the bedside table and fell behind it. I couldn't be bothered to fish it out from behind there. I shrugged it off an continued by battle of the crutches.

I sighed and scooted close enough to grab the crutches. I leaned them against the bed. I then managed to heave myself up off the floor and back onto the bed. I carefully situated the crutches and then stood up.

I waddled over to my dresser and began getting ready for the day. It took a bit longer than usual, but I got it done.

Finally I began the walk to the quad.

~

After about 20 minutes, I arrived the quad. I heard yelling.

When I went to check it out and found Enid...

and Bianca...

and Enid was beating the crap out of her...

~

Enid's POV-

When I woke up, Wednesday was sleeping so still that I didn't want to wake her up. So I left a note on the bedside table,

"Good morning loves! I didn't want to wake you up but I've got somethings to take care of. I'll be down at the quad, be back by noon!

-Enid <3"

The note was right by her crutches so hopefully she'd know where I was. I kissed her forehead, then got ready for the day.

I got dressed and ready, then headed to the quad.

~

I immediately spotted Bianca. She was sitting with her usual bunch of friends, laughing obnoxiously.

"Bianca!" I yelled as I stormed over to her. She turned to face me. When she realized it was me, a smug grin spread across her face.

"Hello there, Enid. Where's your little girlfriend? Or did she finally turn her pet dog loose?"

Anger burned inside me. My fist clenched tightly as I tried to keep in my claws.

"Oh I know! She's probably at fencing lessons. After all, she needs them after how bad she-"

I punched her across the face.

She fell to the ground in shock. I dropped down on top of her and my punches kept coming. Burning with absolute hate, I couldn't stop. With each hit I felt a tear fall down my cheek.

"SHUT UP ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND!"

Hit.

"YOU NO GOOD-"

Hit.

"PIECE OF CRAP-"

Hit.

"WASTE OF-"

Swing.

My arm was stopped halfway through the swing. It was a familiar touch. It was Wednesday.

"Enid-" she began but was cut off my me bursting into tears. I didn't know why I was crying. I just crumbled into her touch. She dropped her crutches and sat down on the grass next to me. She pulled me off Bianca and closer to her.

"Shhhh, it's okay... it's okay darling... shhhhh...." she whispered, calming me down.

"Uhmm... you two might want to get out of here before she wakes up." Xavier said, motioning to the unconscious Bianca who still laid on the grass.

~

(743 Words)

AUTHOR'S NOTE

heyo, hope you guys liked getting to see a bit of enid's dark side!

i think this is gonna wrap up ~the duel~ series...

unless you guys have some brilliant ideas to add to it 👀

anyhoo, let me know any ideas you guys have for more chapters!

my requests are always open!

stay lovely! <3