Disease.

You and Roc trailed and walked over to his house after a long 8 hour day of school. It was your senior year, and you both have been dating since the end of 11th grade. But something that often struck you at odd, is that he never wanted to do anything sexual. Even when you would try to lean in and kiss him on the lips, he'd move over and kiss you on your cheek. Every time you'd ask him what was wrong, he would tell you that he would tell you later.

When you both arrived at Roc's house alone, you were ready.

Roc sat on the couch as you sat next to him and placed your fingers by his. Roc gave you a worried look then started staring at you in a softer way. You leaned in and started kissing Roc as he slipped his left hand around your waist, and laid you down where you were sitting.

"Wait...." Roc whispered as he took his lips away from yours. "I can't.."

"Why not?" You asked in a slight frustrated tone. "We have protection.."

Roc didn't answer you. Out of nowhere, he jumped up from his seat and ran to the bathroom to throw up everything that was tearing up his stomach. When he got done and glanced inside of the toilet, his throw up was pink, indicating that there was blood inside of his throw up. He sighed and flushed the toilet as he ran the water under the sink, rinsed his mouth off, and wiped it off with the towel on the rack. He walked out of the bathroom, only for him to be greeted by you at the door.

"Are you okay?" You asked in a scared tone.

"I have.....I have to talk to you.." Roc moaned as he grabbed your hand. "Come on."

You and Roc sat down on the couch, and the news that he gave you was completely unexpected.

"I have........I have aids.." Roc said in a low tone.

You locked up. You froze. You were stunned. You stood up and started pacing back and forth as you ran your fingers through your hair.

"How long have you....have you had it.....?" You asked in a nervous tone.

"Since the 10th grade...."

"Oh my god." You gasped as you kneeled down on the ground. "How'd you get it?"

"Back in the 9th grade, I got drunk at a party." Roc said as he kept his hands together and stared blankly at the ground. "Me and a girl that I didn't even know had unprotected sex and..........I got it from her.......I still don't remember the night until this day.."

"Aren't you going to tell someone?!" You barked.

"No!" Roc shouted in a scared tone. "I'm not going to have people judging me. Not yet!"

"Roc, you need to tell someone or you'll DIE." You shouted in an angry tone. "You will die if you don't get any treatment! You need to get some help!"

"I'll decide when that's right when the time comes!" Roc said.

Then, something popped up in your head. You and Roc did have sex once in the middle of your relationship. You froze and sat on the ground, then started to bawl in fear. You could have this disease. This disease, that there was no cure for.

"Why are you crying?" Roc asked.

"Why didn't you tell me that you had that disease, Roc!?" You shouted as tears fell down your eyes.

"Why does it matter?"

"We had sex, THAT'S why it matters!" You shouted. "You didn't even tell me!"

"That was only once, Y/N!" Roc shouted back. "And we wore a condom! I wouldn't do anything like that to you!"

"A condom doesn't provide full protection, Roc!" You yelled. "You could've just told me! Damn!"

Roc didn't say anything. However, he was filled with great guilt. He looked down at the floor, then looked up again, only to see you storming out of the house. He jumped up and walked out onto the porch to chase after you.

"Y/N, please don't leave!" Roc begged.

"Leave me alone, Roc!" You shouted at him as you continued to make your way home.

Then, Roc got that sharp pain in his stomach again. He jolted back into the house and tried to make it to the toilet, but he didn't. On the bathroom floor, he flew forward and threw up a more blood and throw up from the disease that was eating away at him. He stayed on the ground and groaned for a second, then looked behind him. His older brother was standing behind him, giving him a confused look.

"Damn. Your girlfriend left you like that, bro?" His brother laughed as he walked off.

"Not right now..." Roc growled at him as he coughed the last of his throw up out of his mouth.

Roc sat on his knees for a while, then peeked outside of the bathroom. He slowly peeked back inside and started bawling in pain. He had a disease that he couldn't tell his parents about, you'd just left him, and there was no way that he could get rid of it. He knew that if he told someone, he would immediately be judged for his actions, rather than the true story itself. Roc wiped the tears off of his face and slowly walked into his room. Above his dresser, was something that he'd been contemplating for a while.

It was his 9mm pistol that his father always kept in his room. He stood on his tippy toes, grabbed the gun, then held it inside of his hands. He pulled back the bullet compartment and placed one bullet inside of there, then closed it back. Roc then held the gun to his head and starting crying harder than he ever had.

"It's the only way out." Roc whispered to himself. "Please lord, don't let it be a painful way."