School Hours.

*RIINNNGGGGG* the school bell rang as everyone rushed out of their last hour class. Prodigy walked out of his class late since he was the one sitting in the back row of his History class. Everytime he walked out, Prince, Ray, and Roc would already be waiting for him.

“Alright now that Prod is here, lets go get something to eat!” Prince said heading for the front door.

“Ehhh, about that…” Prodigy said staying behind.

“Let me guess, you’re staying after for Bahja again?” Ray ray said rolling his eyes.

“Ray you can’t talk!” Prodigy growled. “There’s been times where you’ve bailed out on us to spend time with Star.”

“Yeah but I don’t bail out on you guys 24/7. I still make room for guy time.”

“Look.” Prodigy sighed. “I’ll hang out with you guys tomorrow. Promise!”

“That’s what you said yesterday.” Roc said heading for the door. “Come on, y’all.”

Prodigy always felt bad when he bailed out on his friends. He’d often think about if he made the right decision or not. But everytime he seen Bahja, his guilt immediately wen’t away. He’d went down to the gym where her last class was, and seen that it was completely empty. He’d snuck in the girls locker room & seen her getting her clothes ready.

“Hey baby!” Prodigy said peeking inside. “You’re so slow! You’re always the last one to leave.”

“I know!” Bahja giggled as she combed her hair in the bathroom mirror. “I’m about to take a shower & then i’ll be ready to go.

“Are you serious?”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be quick this time.”

Prodigy sat on the bench in the gym for 45 minutes, waiting for her to get out of the shower. His mom kept texting him & asking him where he was & he’d lie and say that he was doing after school activities. But Bahja has never taken this long. He sat there until he’d seen her walk out with her towel & gymbag in her hand.

“Alright, lets go!” She cheered.

But once they walked back upstairs, all of the lights were shut off. You couldn’t see anywhere in the hallways except for where the windows were (which was letting in light.) Bahja and Prodigy looked at each other with utter confusion.

“Hello?” Bahja yelled as she heard her voice echo down the halls.

“Come on, lets just go out of the front door.” Prodigy said grabbing her hand. But as they tried to leave, the door was locked from the inside out. They’d made their way towards all of the other doors around the school, and all of them were locked as well.

“Omg!! Are we locked inside of the school?” Bahja said freaking out. “HEELLPPPPP!!!”

“SHHHHHH.” Prodigy said. “It’s alright! I’ll text my mom & tell her it was a “spend the night” thing at school & that we decided to stay.”

“What the hell are we gonna do?” Bahja spazzed. “It’s 4:00pm. And school doesn’t start until 7:30am.”

“Hmmmm..” Prodigy said turning to the lunchroom. “Come on!”

He’d ran into the lunchroom & wen’t into the kitchen & cut on all of the lights. He’d seen all of the gross, disgusting, food that they ate over and over in a huge freezer. He took out to frozen burgers and handed one to Bahja. “I know you’re hungry.”

“I’m not eating this nasty school lunch, Prod..” Bahja moaned.

“Alright. You don’t eat for another 19 hours!” Prodigy said putting ketchup on the frozen burger and taking a bite out of it. “Try it with ketchup.”

Bahja put ketchup on her frozen burger & took a bite. It was fairly disgusting, but since she was so hungry, it didn’t taste all that bad. “Hmm, well I guess it’s okay!”

Afterwards, Prodigy took a lunch tray and began sliding all over the empty lunch room with it. Making spinny & fancy moves just to impress Bahja.

“Might as well make this expierience fun.” Prodigy said skating on the tray. “Come on!”

For hours, Bahja and Prodigy did nothing but eat frozen foods & Skate on lunch trays. Afterwards, they wen’t into the computer rooms and surfed the internet for a good while. Then, they wen’t into the gym and played basketball, soccer, and other sports that Bahja would often play in class. They danced on top of counters, teachers desks, wrote all over chalkboards, and a whole list of other things that they couldn’t get away with at school. They’d realized how late it had gotten when the hallways started to become less visible & the sky wen’t from bright blue, to orange, and finally pitch black.

“I’m sleepy..” Bahja said laying down on the hall floor.

“It’s 2:30 in the morning.” Prodigy implied as he took off his oversized jacket, and putting it over the two. “I think we outta get some sleep.”

The two had small talk until they both finally dozed off. A few hours later, they awoke to the noise of laughter & stomping. They’d woken up, and seen nothing but a huge fro blocking their light as people were walking behind it.

“Wake up guys, you’re embarrassing me.” Princeton whispered as he watched kids walk pass & laugh.

Prodigy & Bahja woke up and seen everyone in the hallways looking and laughing.

“Why are you guys sleeping on the floor?” A teenage girl & her friends said walking by as they laughed also.

“Whaa…?” Prodigy and Bahja said, not fully awake.

“Alright students! Class will be starting in 1 minute so make your way towards your first hour!” The principal over the intercom yelled.

Then that’s when it all hit the two.

“WE OVERSLEPT?” Prodigy and Bajha said staring at each other.