Carved.

“Cutter! She’s a cutter!” A crowd of people yelled from outside of your school.

You covered your arm with your sleeve jacket, got on the bus, and drove home. You heard people in the back of your bus talking and laughing about your situation, but you were strong enough to ignore them.

“She’s probably one of those emo people.” A girl mumbled.

You continued to ignore the comments, and looked out of the window. You were wondering why this was happening to you. What did you do to deserve this. Was it karma? Was it somebody sending you a message? What did you do wrong? The bus pulled in front of the house, and you kept your composure as you got off of the bus.

But when you walked inside of your house, you lost your mind.

You sat down on the ground and cried very hard. They didn’t know that you cut because your parents died in a crash when you were younger. They didn’t know that you cut because you had no social life. They didn’t know that you cried because you left your emotions take over your thoughts.

Nobody knew about your feelings, except for Princeton. Your closest male friend.

Right when you thought about him, someone knocked on your door. You looked outside of the peephole, and seen Princeton standing out there. You opened the door, and he noticed your eyes were soaked. You and Princeton never liked each other, but you two had been close friends since childhood. He noticed that you were crying when you left the school, so he stopped by to make sure that you were okay.

“(Y/N). Hey!” Princeton said in a sad tone. “Are you okay?”

“No Princeton.” You growled. “Just leave me alone.”

“This is why you’re always crying, (Y/N). You never allow anyone to comfort and console you.” Princeton moaned. “Just let me come inside.”

You slowly opened the door as Princeton took a step in. You walked behind him and sat at your table, as he sat next to you. He took a deep sigh as he looked around, then looked at you in a worried way.

“What were those people talking about outside of the school, (Y/N)?” He asked.

“Nothing. Those people always make fun of me before they even get even get to know me!” You shouted, crying harder. “It’s not fair. What did I do to those people?”

“They called you a cutter. Do you cut?” Princeton asked in a soft tone.

You looked up at him, then pulled back your sleeve. In the middle of your arm, he seen straight lines from a blade. They were all there, and they were perfectly aligned. He gasped as he jumped, then looked back at you.

“Yeah. Call me what you want. I’m a freak. I’m emo. I don’t care.”

Princeton looked down, and placed his hands on his sleeve. He pulled it back, and there you seen it. He had cuts all on the upper part on his arm. They were sloppier than yours, and unaligned. Your mouth flew open as you lifted your head, and stared at him. You couldn’t believe that he was a cutter just like you.

Maybe this is why you both were close friends.

“Prince…you’re a cutter too?” You asked.

“Yeah. I never told anybody until today. Not my mom, not my family, nobody.”

“Why?”

“Because they’ll judge me.” He said shaking his head. “I hate being judged, but being judged by my own family would really break me apart.”

“Why do you do it?”

“I think about what life would be like if I had a father.” Princeton said. “I look at other kids who always say how much their father get on their nerves, and sometimes I wish that I could have that. Its not fair that I was raised without a father.”

“Well at least you still have your mother.” You snarled. “I don’t have any of my parents.”

“Sorry.” Princeton apologized.

“Nah. It’s alright!” You smiled.

Princeton sat there and smiled back at you, before finally coming up with a fun idea.

“Hey (Y/N)!” He jumped. “How about we turn this cutting thing, into a positive thing?”

“What do you mean?”

“Instead of cutting these lame ass lines, why don’t we both just carve a decoration into each others arms?” Princeton smiled. “It’ll kinda be like a tattoo!”

“Oh now I see what you’re saying!” You smiled back. “Okay. But I want you to be blindfolded when I do your design. I’ll apply a bandage to your arm, and then you can take it off when you leave.”

“I like it!” Princeton smiled. “I’ll do the same thing for you, and you can only take yours off when I leave.”

“Deal!”

Princeton pulled off his tie, and applied the blindfold to your eyes. You allowed him to pull back your sleeve, and felt the blade come in contact with your skin. You thought that it would hurt, but it didn’t since you were already used to cutting. He carved into your arm for 5 minutes, before applying your bandage to your arm, and taking off the blindfold.

“Alright!” You laughed as you looked at the white bandage covering your upper arm. “My turn!”

You put the blindfold onto Princeton’s eyes, and pulled his sleeve back. You carved yours for 15 minutes, before applying the bandage onto his arm, and taking off the blindfold. He looked at his arm and smiled as he looked back up at you.

“Thank you (Y/N)!” He cheered. “I have to go now. I’ll see you at school tomorrow, right?”

“Yeah. Bye Prince!”

“Bye!” He said hugging you, waving, then walking out of the door.

You waited until he walked off, before finally rushing and taking the bloody bandage off. You stared and seen that Princeton had wrote: “Jacob Emmanuel Perez.” with a heart at the bottom. It indicated that he indeed had a crush on you.

Princeton pulled off his bandage, and seen a really good sketch of his face all the way down to his stomach on his arm. On his chest, was a heart with your name on it. It indicated that you, liked him just as much. You cut the phrase “I love” at the top of his cut, and he cut “I love” at the top of the heart that he cut that you made. You both felt this way, but you both put bandaids over your “I love” phrases each time you say each other.

Therefore, neither of you knew how you felt about one another…