Roses are Red.

Prodigy had drove to Bahja’s house to drop off her birthday gift. It was her 21st birthday, and since he wasnt able to make it to her party because of a family reunion, he decided to drop something off to her instead. As a friend, this is what you should do.

Prodigy had a plastic bag in his hand, as he knocked on the door. When Bahja opened it, he seen her boyfriend cooking some food in the background. Bahja had laughed at a joke he made before opening the door, then looked at Prodigy with a plastic bag behind his back.

“Prod!” She cheered. “What are you doing here?”

“Hey! I came to drop off your birthday gift. But first I wanted to talk to you.” Prodigy said dropping the bag off at the door, then walking into the house.

“Well come in.” Bahja smiled. “Prod you already know James.”

“What’s up James?” Prodigy smiled as he hollered to him.

“Nothing much, Prod!” James said flaring the spatula around in his hand.

“You got it smelling right in here. What y’all making?”

“Smothered chicken breasts over some shrimp alfredo pasta.” James smiled as he flipped the pieces of chicken over in the pan.

“Oh alright!” Prodigy yelled over the sound of the sizzling food as he turned to Bahja. “Can I talk to you in private, Bahja?”

“Sure!”

Bahja and Prodigy went into the basement downstairs, as he sat down and she sat down. Prodigy felt remorseful for ditching out on her for her birthday, so he just wanted to tell her how sorry he was.

“Look Bahja. I’m sorry for bailing out on your party.” He mumbled. “It wont happen again.”

“It’s okay, Prod!” Bahja smiled. “I know that you’re a family man. And family comes before anybody or any event. It’s totally understandable.”

“Wow. So you’re not mad at me?” He asked.

“Of course not! Why would I be?”

“Oh. I don’t know. I’m just going overboard with my thoughts.” Prodigy said shaking his head as Bahja laughed.

“So what did you want to show me, Prod? For my birthday?” Bahja asked innocently.

Suddenly, Bahja’s boyfriend walked into the room.

“I didn’t mean to interrupt y’all conversation, but I made your favorite side dish babe.” James said walking inside of the room.

“Creamed spinach with the white grape peach wine?” She asked getting excited.

“You know it!”

“Oh my god! Thank you baby! I love you.” Bahja said giving him a large hug and a kiss.

“I love you too, baby.” He responded softly as he walked out of the room.

“Sorry about that Prod.” Bahja giggled. “Now what we’re you saying about my gift?”

“Your gift!” He shouted in an excited tone. “It’s outside. I’ll go get it!”

“Alright. Hurry back!” She cheered as she stayed downstairs, and watched him sprint upstairs.

Prodigy walked out of the house, and picked up the plastic bag that he left at the door. He brought it out to his car, and pulled out the ‘happy birthday’ card that sung, with a gift card to her favorite restaurant. He sighed as he pulled out the large items in the plastic bag, and put them into the backseat.

“Well I guess she won’t be needing these.” Prodigy mumbled sadly to himself as he shut the door, and headed back into the house.

The items left in the backseat, were a dozen roses. The small card attached to the roses said: “Just a simply way to start our relationship.” - Prod.”