Chapter 21

I sat up straight and waited for Zayn to enter my room. I knew it would be him by the way he opened the door directly after knocking. He walked in, his hair in a tizzy, yet the rest of him was unusually calm, minus his bloodied hand. 

"Oh, hi, Z-Zayn." I cowered slightly as he walked towards me. He didn't look mad at all, if anything I think he was relieved to see me sitting there. "Uh- bad day?" I asked him. 

"You have no idea." He stood in front of me and shoved his hands in his pockets. "I couldn't finish a business deal and I like to follow through with deals I start. I apologize for my mood." Zayn picked up his hand to his face and made a small hiss under his breath. "I probably shouldn't have slammed that vase." He lightly chuckled, lightening the mood in the room. By that point I figured John didn't tell him everything. 

"Was it expensive?" I asked, smiling at him to continue this mood. 

"Very." Zayn full blown chuckled. "But no worries. I didn't like the thing anyways." He shook his hand back and forth as it shaking away the pain. He then stood back and just stared at me. I opened my mouth to say something to him, but he began speaking. "This business deal I was making..." He cleared his throat and continued. "It was with Liam."

The shock hit me at first. "What?" Then I was confused. Why was Zayn making business deals with Liam? I knew that they knew each other from Liam being at the party, but actually being in business together really shook me. "W-why?"

"I asked you once before who had hurt you so badly and you said you were fine. Remember?" How could I forget? Zayn had treated me to the dinner date of my life and it was right after Liam had beaten me nearly to death. "I couldn't get rid of him with just my money so the deal went sour." Zayn shook his head. "I'm sorry."

So that was the business deal he was talking about. He was trying to buy out Liam and have him let me alone. "D-Don't apologize. I can handle it myself." I told Zayn, even though I couldn't. Each time Liam was near me I felt closer and closer to death. 

"No, I have been neglecting your presence here and the best I could do for you would be to get him away from you, but my money can't buy that kind of deal." He looked down to his feet. "And even worse than that; I cannot protect you once you leave this place."

Then buy me for life. I wanted to say, but there was no way I was going to bring Zayn into something like that. I doubted he knew much of the prostitution ring I was in. After all, he was a first time customer when I got a hand on him. He didn't know the half of it. "I'll be fine." I bit my bottom lip. I wouldn't be fine, that was for sure. "I've made it this far. I'll be just alright." I huffed. There was a quick movement in the room and I was pushed back against the bed, Zayn straddling me and pushing me down into the plus of the mattress. I stared up at him in shock. "Z-Zayn?"

"You don't get it Niall!" He shouted down at me, getting in my face. "How could you be fine? Lasting this long. That's a joke. You're only sixteen, you idiot! How are you supposed to know anything about living when you've been wasting your life like this?!"

He knows.

"I'm not-" I cried out. Zayn's grip on me started to hurt as he pushed me into the mattress. "I-"