Chapter 19

"What do you mean, you think your dying?" Zayn asked with a hint of worry in his voice. HIs had rubbed circles into my back as I leaned over the toilet. I was shakily holding onto the rim of porcelain and cried out for the pain in my stomach to go away. "Niall, tell me what's wrong so that I can help you."

Everything was wrong. My stomach was burning. My breathing was weird and I would stop to catch my breath only to find no air to breath. The corners of my vision would blur in and out. "I only had one drink." I told Zayn. I head him sigh and then his hand left my back. I heard his curse something under his breath and then small beeps and dings were heard until a dial tone sounded. 

"Yes, this is Zayn. Sorry to call you so early Doctor. I just have a small problem over at my house. Yeah, well it's my friend. He's complaining about his stomach. Breathing? It sounds a little rough. Okay. Thank you." Zayn hung up his phone and I could only think that he was talking to his doctor. "Niall, let's get you back to bed."

There was no way I was moving anywhere. I was weak and I wanted to stay by the toilet in case I decided to throw up more of what was not in my stomach. "No." I said weakly. 

"Niall, get up." Zayn ordered. He grabbed my arm and lugged me up from the floor. I leaned into him and closed my watering eyes. "Bad news is that you drank too much. Good news is that you're not dying." Zayn helped me back into bed, putting pillows behind my head and upper back to keep me upright. "I have my personal doctor coming here at about half past to take a look at you."

Of course he had a personal doctor that made house calls. I sat back in bed and waited for whatever would happen next. The sun was just starting to peak through the curtains in Zayn's room when someone knocked on the door. "Come in." Zayn called out. He remained by my side the whole time and the door opened to reveal Charles and another older man. "Ah, Doctor Manza. Thank you for coming so early in the morning. I really appreciate it." Zayn got up from the bed to shake the man's hand. 

I looked up at the older man and grimaced. He gave me a sympathetic look and then grabbed my wrist, pressing his thumb and fingers against my vein. "Looks like you got yourself into a bit of a mess." He shook his head and then let go of my wrist. He turned around to get his bag that he brought in with him. He rummaged around in it before carefully pulling out an IV drip and bag. "This will pinch a little." He told me as he pricked my arm, inserting the needle and hooking me up to the IV.

"I'll give you something for your stomach." The doctor pulled out another bag and hooked it up to me along with the other bag. "You just have a bit of alcohol poisoning. You should be just fine, but I want a call within the hour to see how you are doing."

Alcohol poisoning? I swore that I only had one drink. "T-thanks." I leaned farther back into the pillows Zayn had set up for me. Something in my IV was making me sleepy. When I closed my eyes and my breathing evened out, I could hear the doctor and Zayn speaking off in the distance. 

"This kind of alcohol poisoning is severe, but he doesn't need his stomach pumped. That's telling me he had a high percentage alcohol content in his system. Something over the limits of what is sold in stores. This was on purpose and that poor boy was in the crossfire. So you better clean it up around here or an upset stomach won't be the last of your worries."