Chapter 18

I was going to die. That was for sure. I didn't know how much more of Liam's abuse I could take. His grip still held fast to the best of my neck. I was paralyzed whenever I was around Liam. It never used to be this way. He never laid a hand on me before I took this job with Zayn. They obviously knew each other, but why would Liam get so mad? I probably wasn't going to get any of the money from this month of service. Louis was greedy like that. I would go back to Liam anyways and be his b.itch for however long he wanted me to be.

"Please, I-I'll do anything." I begged Liam and all he did was chuckle and tighten his grip. My slim neck was no match for his strong hand and he was starting to choke me. "L-Liam..." My eyes watered. My body was sluggish and weak.

"Ha." Liam shoved me forward, releasing my neck. I fell forward and almost caught myself before I smashed my head against the toilet seat. I hit it so hard that I slumped down to the floor. I groaned, grabbing my head. "You begging me? Priceless." From what I could see through blurry vision, Liam crossed his arms over his chest. "You're used up, Niall."

I shook my head. "I-I'm not."

"Oh, I like it when you talk back." Liam smirked, kneeling down next to me and grabbing my chin. I winced, blinking a few times until my vision was cleared. Liam's whole demeanor had changed. I could smell the alcohol on his breath and it only made me want to puke more. "How about you show me that you still have it? Hmm? I was disappointed this morning. You were no fun."

My face must have been off color from how sick I felt because Liam let me go. I didn't want to puke on him and suffer the consequences.I kept my mouth shut because I couldn't give in to his words. I fell back down to the floor and Liam shoved the glass of water in my face and told me to drink it. "You smell like garbage. Wash your mouth out and drink up. Wouldn't want a hangover." I just averted my eyes and let Liam breath down my neck, not taking a sip of the water. All it did was make Liam angrier. He practically forced the water into my mouth and only stopped when the door behind us opened up.

I half expected Naomi, or some random party goer, to come into the bathroom, but I didn't expect the heavy footsteps to belong to Zayn. I sat back when Liam let go of me and stood straight. Zayn looked down at me and then back up at Liam with a glare. "I didn't know that this bathroom was occupied. My apologies." Zayn stepped past Liam, making the small bathroom crowded. He offered me his hand and I took it so that he could lift me to my feet.

"Z-Zayn..." I started to thank him, but he hushed me and I zipped my lips.

"Oh, and Liam?" Zayn stopped just as we were out into the hallway. He turned back to the doorway where Liam stood with a pissed look on his face. "You seem a tad too drunk. Why don't you get some fresh air. Make sure to avoid the pool. We don't want to find you drowned in the pool, now do we?" Zayn grabbed my shoulder and pulled me to the side as if he was giving Liam a path way out of the bathroom.

Liam shook his head and chuckled as he left the bathroom. "This is golden." He said, shaking his head more as he passed us. "Time is counting down, Niall. I'll keep an eye out for you." He walked away and those were the last words that I heard from him that night.

"Let's go." Zayn urged me forward once Liam was out of the way. My head still felt heavy and my stomach churned with each step. I made it a few steps before needing to throw up again. "Shit." Zayn cursed, grabbing the nearest garbage bin. I emptied myself into it and then tried to sit on the floor, but Zayn scooped me up and started to carry me.