Chapter 12

A/N: Listen to Suit and Tie by JT for this chapter. I swear you won't be disappointed. I know I wasn't.

The nest week and a half was strange. I was fed three times a day and left alone for the most part. I didn’t see Zayn for one second. He was always at work and then when he came home, I could hear him from my room and then he would disappear before I was able to get to see him. 

It was a strange predicament. I was brought here to service him and he hasn’t been interested at all. I mean, it was nice to just be by myself and not worry about the calls coming in every hour from Louis. I also enjoyed the time for recuperating. My bruises had faded into this sickly yellow color, but at least they were healing. Plus, my wrist was feeling a lot better. 

I was sitting by the pool again with my feet dipped into the water. John wasn’t working that day since it was the weekend, so it was just me, the sun, and a magazine I picked up  from the living room coffee table. I flipped through it, reading about all the celebrity drama. It was actually quite boring. There was baby drama and divorces going on. Some chick went crazy and of course the paparazzi got all of it on camera. 

I sighed, putting the magazine down next to me. It was so nice outside and I swore I was getting a tan, which was a shocker to me. From what I knew, I was mostly Irish and that meant that I should just burn. but I was browning up pretty well. I decided to take my shirt off to even it out and not look like some farmer. It was relaxing here, but I was getting bored. 

I asked Charles the other day what Zayn was up to. He just mentioned something about Zayn being busy with work and some new deal. I should have expected Zayn to be busy most of the time. After all he lived in a place like this and drove a fancy car. Hell, he paid thirty thousand dollars just to have me for the month. 

After a while, my feet started to feel like they were pruned up, so I decided to leave the pool behind. I dried my feet and stretched my arms up into the air. I only had a dull pain from the bruise on my side. I was basically alone in the house, with Charles out getting groceries for the house. I figured it was time to explore. I had only been in five of the millions of rooms: my own, the bathroom, the kitchen and living room and then the theater. There was so much more to this house and I was determined to use my free time and figure out where everything was.

I tried upstairs first where most of the bedrooms were. The first two doors were my room and then the bathroom. I saw Charles coming in and out of the next door most of the time, so I assumed that the room was his. I peaked inside and saw a simple room set up with a few picture frames here and there of Charles and what looked like grand kids. I shut the door and moved on. 

I loved walking down the hallway with my bare feet. There was this shag rug on the carpet that was possibly the softest things I had ever had my feet on. I could pace the hallway for hours and be perfectly fine with it. I passed a library and then  another bathroom. The last room was at the very end of the hall and I bet it had an entire wall of windows in it. I rested my hand on the doorknob and took in a deep breath. This had to be Zayn’s room. I let out my breath and pushed the door open and was speechless about the room. 

I was right about an entire wall of windows. They were tinted to keep anyone from looking in, but they didn’t obscure the look down the mountain and into the valley where the city was. Zayn’s bed was against the left side of the room and his bedding looked as though it was made by the gods. It was a deep purple, almost black satin covering with a large white, fur throw at the end of the bed. His dressers and night stands were white as well, keeping up with the clean look. I wandered into the room and touched just about everything.