40 ¦ I'm Better Than Him

I was sitting on the bed in my room, a book open in front of me in my lap. For about three quarters of an hour I had been trying to concentrate on the love story in the novel, but I couldn't (Ana Huang was usually able to pull me out of real life). 

Heeseung hadn't written me back yet, and the uncertainty of whether we were busted or not was driving me crazy. Just as I pulled out my cell phone and was about to send Heeseung another message, there was a knock on my window pane. 

Expectantly, I climbed out of bed and kicked some of my clothes that were lying around under the bed. I pushed the curtains aside and as expected Heeseung stood there looking at me waiting. 

After I pushed the window open and he climbed in, I returned to my bed and settled on the edge of it. "Why didn't you text me back? I thought we were busted." I asked, watching as he followed me and sat down next to me. He turned his head to me and smiled wryly. "We're not, however tomorrow is something we need to work out." 

"I've already thought of something." I immediately addressed him and stretched out near my pad on the desk. "Jay was going to pick me up at my place around six." Heeseung cut me off "At six? That early? What are you guys up to?" I waved it off. "I don't know, but it doesn't matter." 

I turned my attention back to my plan. "Anyway, I've already texted Jay that we're not meeting at my place but at the bus stop two blocks away. The two of us-" I pointed to Heeseung and me to emphasize my point. "Should leave here around five to six then so our parents can swallow the date thing. You drop me off at the bus stop and you can do whatever you want from there." "Except go home." Heeseung added. I nodded. "You got that great Heeseung." My voice dripped with sarcasm. "Don't be a bitch." Heeseung poked me in the side, "Are you on your period or why are you in such a bad mood today?" "None of your business." "Fine." 

Suddenly he bent over and fished up something from the floor that was still peeking out from under the bed. To my discomfort it was a bra and the disgusting grin with which Heeseung first looked at the bra and then at me, I would have liked to beat him out of his face. 

"Nice bra. I assume a C cup?" His gaze traveled down my face to my bust and he nodded. "Definitely a C." He seemed to feel no shame in gawking at my breasts. Angrily, I stood up and reached for the bra, but Heeseung reacted too quickly and stood up as well, holding the bra out of my grasp. 

"Heeseung...haven't you ever heard of privacy?" I said annoyed, jumping once in the air to get a hold of a strap. To no avail though, instead I cracked my foot over and lost my balance. Reflexively I grabbed the first best thing I could get hold of and clung to Heeseung's upper arms, who at the same moment put his hands on my hips to give me support. However, he let go of the bra and before he noticed I grabbed it. "Ha!" I exclaimed triumphantly and held my trophy aloft. 

Heeseung, however, would not be ruffled. He spun me around so that the back of my knees hit the edge of the bed. Once again I couldn't keep my balance and plopped down on the mattress, followed by Heeseung. He caught himself with his arms next to my head and a cheeky grin was on his lips. I squinted my eyes and one of his dimples appeared. 

"Get off me." I hissed. He tilted his head at me "What do I get in return?" he wanted to know, which I found completely absurd. "A slap across your ugly face." I retorted and tried to squirm out from under him. But Heeseung let himself sink a little lower, so that it was no longer possible for me to move my body, except for my arms, because of his weight. 

By coming closer, a pair of strands of Heeseung's dark hair hung in his forehead and without thinking I reached out my hand and brushed them away. Heeseung froze, as did I, when I realized what I was doing. 

I noticed that his gaze wandered to one of my lips and I did the same, a second later I felt his lips on mine. I tasted his sweet breath and felt his tongue running along my lower lip. Automatically, I tilted my head in the opposite direction as he did and felt him lower himself even further to me. His one hand stroked up and down my side while he placed the other against my cheek. This kiss was very different from the one I had with Jay.

Jay...

Suddenly I realized what I was doing here and froze. At first, Heeseung didn't seem to notice that I had stopped returning his kiss, but then he broke away from me a little. He looked at me questioningly as I put my hands to his chest and gently pushed him away from me. He rolled off me and I quickly sat up straight. 

Oh God...what was I doing? I had a boyfriend, I had been dating Jay since today? I had only been in a relationship for a day and already I was cheating on him... I was a bad person... how could I be so selfish? 

I looked at Heeseung, who seemed relatively chill and was watching me with interest. "You're blaming yourself." He said, tilting his head thoughtfully. "You think you cheated on Jay." I ran my hand through my hair "I just did." My voice sounded startled, because I was. I was terrified of what I was capable of. One day... Not even one day had I managed to have a relationship. 

Heeseung put a hand on my knee "Are you sure about that?" I pushed his hand away and he sighed "Did he say you were together?", he then asked seriously. I looked at him, my eyes sparking "No, but he likes me, he trusts me and we kissed. He told me he was in love with me." I hissed. 

"Is that what he said?", inquired Heeseung. "Yes," I replied immediately, but when I thought about it I wasn't sure. He had said he liked me, more than you would like a normal girlfriend, and he had seemed sincere, almost insecure. Didn't that mean he was in love with me? 

Heeseung looked puzzled "Oh-", he said, "Well then." I stood up and smoothed out my top that had ridden up. "Now please go." I said breathlessly to Heeseung and gestured to the window. 

Without protesting, he actually stood up and obeyed. Just as I was about to close the window behind him, he held me back. "Hey Clara." "Yeah?" "I won't tell Jay." He winked provocatively "Even though I know you liked it. Better than that kiss you had with Jay." 

A/N: Bye.