Chapter 30

Ayumi's P. O. V:

My teammates and I are still trapped inside Sasuke's purple Susano'o. Outside, the moon glows pure white with ten tomoe, Madara Uchiha floating under it.

Naruto grits his teeth and jumps up from his crouching position before trying to run outside.

Sasuke, however, grabs his shoulder, stopping the blonde, as he commands, "Naruto, don't move an inch!"

"Huh?!"

"Hold on, don't go outside. Without this Susano'o's protection, you'd be bound up in his Genjutsu, too."

Sakura asks, "So, what's going on outside right now?" She glances to the Uchiha. "Well, Sasuke?"

"What difference does it make to you?" He retorts, shocking Naruto and I. "There's nothing that you can do about it, anyway."

Still crouching, Kakashi tells him, "Sasuke, that's not the point. Naruto, Ayumi and I also want to know what's happening out there. In order to analyse our next move, Sakura is—"

"Kakashi," Sasuke cuts in, "you're being just like Sakura right now. Just be quiet for a bit."

"Hey, Sasuke!" I snap as my eyes turn to angry, animated white triangles, causing him to flinch. "We're a team, and we need to act like it!"

Naruto finishes for me, his fist clenched, eyes frustrated animated white circles, "Team 7 has to work together if we wanna bring Madara down!"

"You're right," Agrees my Guardian, gaining our attention. "There's nothing I can do right now."

"Huh? Kashi-kun," I murmur in surprise.

Kakashi continues, "If you're able to analyse what's outside with your left eye, Sasuke, then you should be the one to lead Team 7's five man squad." This shocks Naruto and I again.

"What?!" The Uzumaki exclaims before jabbing a finger at Sasuke. "Do you seriously think he's any better at strategising than you, Yumi-chan or Sakura-chan?! I really doubt it! Although, he might be better than me..."

Sasuke mutters thoughtfully, "Anyway, Madara has launched his Jutsu. It's a powerful Genjutsu, and I suspect that everyone outside has fallen under its spell." Naruto clenches his teeth. Sasuke raises his Sharingan and Rinnegan eyes at us. "We five might be... the only ones unaffected."

Kakashi murmurs as he looks to the side, "The Infinite Tsukuyomi..."

I murmur as I come to the realisation, "You mean, everybody is..."

Sakura gasps softly as she looks up. Sasuke concludes, "Trapped in a dream."

Naruto demands to know, "When can we get out of here?"

Sasuke explains, "The Genjutsu seems to use the moon's light, and overtime, that's gradually going to wane." Naruto looks like behind him. "But while there's still light, it's useless."

Naruto scowls in frustration, "Dammit!"

Sasuke looks down with a frown.

🗡🗡🗡

Naruto demands to know, "When's the moonlight gonna fade already?!"

Sasuke drawls, "Just calm down, Loser."

"How can I calm down?! We don't know what's happening to everyone outside!"

Sasuke tells him, "All we can do is wait. Till the Infinite Tsukuyomi subsides, we can't go outside."

🗡🗡🗡

When the bright light at last fades and the moon returns to its previous blood red colour, Sasuke's Susano'o finally opens its wings and reveals us to the Uchiha floating up in the air.