Chapter 10

Third Person's P. O. V:

Guy puts on a burst of speed as Jinpachi swings his broad sword. Guy lands and kicks off from it, only to gasp when he sees Kushimaru above him with his Nuibari.

Kakashi was there to deflect the attack with Kubikiribocho. He deflects another attack that sends Kushimaru flying backwards. The Hatake gasps with realisation as Kushimaru lands and does hand signs, causing strings to form a cross cross pattern above the ground.

Kakashi lands and bounces back off. He warns, "Guy, watch out!" Guy looks around with a gasp seeing strings surrounding him.

Kushimaru catches his longboard and grips the strong as he says, "Ninja Art Longblade: Stitching Spider." The strings cut through Jinpachi's legs and try to cut through Guy's, who attempts to cut them with a kunai.

"No... this thing won't break! Aarrgghh!"

Jinpachi says, swinging his sword and the roll of paper bombs out, "Explosive Blade Jutsu: Multiple Explosions of Death!"

Kakashi lands beside Guy as Kakashi says worriedly, "Guy!"

"Forget about me," He says. "Go on! Get out of here!"

The roll of paper bombs swirls around us and explodes. Kakashi immediately makes multiple Mud Walls that surrounds us. They sit slumped around it.

Guy says gratefully to his friend, "It looks like you saved me again."

Kakashi says with his eyes squeezed closed, "I was far too naive. I'd read all the data on the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist... I never expected them to take advantage of being reanimated so effectively."

Guy exclaims as worry tugs at my heart, "Kakashi! Did they...?!"

"Got my eye? Yeah. I think it's only temporary, but still..." We gaze towards our opponents. "... this is bad."

Guy muses, "Two of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist are our enemies, and we're all in bad shape."

Kakashi glances at him as he utters in surprise, "Guy!"

"It's okay. I've survived a lot of tough situations like this one before, and there's something I think of every time." Kakashi leaves his weapon as they race towards the enemy. "You can't see right now, so don't try to push yourself, Kakashi."

The Hatake retorts, "If I can't see, I'll sense things with sound, or I'll use smell, or even my skin! I'll struggle all the way to the bitter end to save my friends!"

Guy asks, "So you remember that time too, huh? Alright then. Let's go!"

"Yeah!" Kakashi agrees before they leap atop the wall opposite the two swordsmen. They turn to face them.

Guy says as he waves his right fingers back and forth with a smirk, "Come on! Bring it on!"

Kushimaru readies his longblade before we take off running, Kakashi and Guy around the side towards Jinpachi, while Kushimaru takes off in the opposite direction.

The two Leaf Jounin reach the brunette and he swings his sword. Guy leaps up and kicks off from it. Kushimaru throws Nuibari but Guy kicks it back.

Kakashi kicks Jinpachi's legs out from under him and they each stand back to back. The Leaf ninja face both the swordsmen.

Kakashi and Guy say in unison, "Alright, let's do this!"

"Don't underestimate me! Huh!" Jinpachi yells in anger, swinging his sword for Kakashi while Kushimaru attacks Guy. They all easily dodge their attacks.

Dodging more sword swings, Kakashi muses, "Huh. Well it seems that repeating our rival challenge wasn't a waste of time after all."

"Hm?"