Chapter 16

Ayumi's P. O. V:

Naruto throws out an enlarged chakra hand and brings it down upon the masked man. Madara emerges from the hand unscathed.

Guy urges, "Kakashi, we ought to—!" Guy anti gaze at the silver haired man as he seems to have zoned out, gazing at Madara. Kakashi looks down. "Kakashi...! Kakashi!" This snaps the Hatake back into focus. "Are you listening?! The more diversions, the better when attacking him!" Guy clenches a determined fist. "We have to join the fight!" Madara activates his Transportation Jutsu. Kakashi stares at his friend with a wide eye. "I've got a pretty good idea what you're thinking right now... I feel the same way. Leave it be. There's no time to wallow in sentimentality. Your former subordinate, Naruto, has already jumped into action!"

"How stupid... jumping in alone," Scoffs Madara. He throws a few shuriken at Naruto. Bee throws a few tentacles in front to shield him, only for them to be sliced off.

"Yo, yo! Damn it!"

Naruto forms the Fox's head in time to stop a giant shuriken from hitting him.

"I'm not alone!" Naruto says to Madara. He throws out an arm for emphasis. "Don't forget Kurama! There's also Octopops and Eight-o... Bushier Brow Sensei, Yumi-chan, and Kakashi Sensei, too!"

Guy says to Kakashi, "You've got a winning record against me right now... this better not be enough to slow you down... Kakashi!"

Kakashi says as Naruto retracts the chakra hand, "Let's go... Ayumi, Guy!"

I smile as I nod my head.

Guy says as he clenches his fists, "My dear rival! That's what I'm talking about!"

The three of us charge forward.

Madara tells us, "I do not fear a borrowed power that can't even string together a barrage. The true power of Kamui, now watch and learn!"

Madara leaps up and stands on a boulder in the air before he activates his Kamui.

Bee says, "If he has to materialise when he takes things in, he has to do so when he spits things out, too! This is our chance!"

Madara retorts, "That's if you can counter strike!" Madara sends out a bunch of rods with chakra chains.

"What is this?" Bee utters. "Naruto! These have Curse Marks on them that restrain Tailed Beast power. Whatever you do, don't touch it!"

"Octopops!" The Uzumaki says worriedly. "Could you shield me for a bit?" Naruto makes a Shadow Clone and a Rasengan forms in his hand.

"Alright! Come here! I'll be your umbrella!" Bee offers.

As the real Naruto forms the Tailed Beast Bomb, Shadow Clone Naruto lunges towards Madara with the Rasengan. Kakashi activates his own Kamui and starts to transport the real Naruto. Madara throws a cursed rod and it hits Naruto, only for him to poof away.

"What? A Shadow Clone?" Asks Madara, startled.

Kakashi suddenly collapses. I gasp, whipping back to him, "Kashi-kun!" Guy and I run back to the silverette and crouch beside him as we place our hands on his shoulders. I feel worry when I see blood leaking from Kakashi's left eye.

Madara states, "Seems my attack was quicker than you, Kakashi. You missed transporting away the Rasengan... and wasted another Kamui."

As Guy and I help Kakashi to his feet, one arm over our shoulders, we gape at the sight of the unveiled man before us. He has short spiky black hair and one Sharingan eye and one Rinnegan eye. While half of his face is the normal tan colour, the other half is white and looks like it'd been crushed by something.

Kakashi and Guy stare in shock at the man before us, looking as though they're staring at a ghost.

Kakashi breathes, his breath a push of air, "Is that you... Obito?"

"Are you really Obito?" Guy wants to know. The man known as Obito doesn't say anything. "I thought you died!"

Naruto and I glance at him curiously as Obito activates his Mangekyou Sharingan.

Kakashi murmurs, "There's no mistake. That's Obito Uchiha."

Obito says, "You can call me by that name if you want. It means nothing to me."

"You're alive..." Kakashi breathes, still trying to comprehend it.

"Who is he?!" I demand to know as Guy and I release Kakashi's arms.

Guy answers, "He was our classmate and an Uchiha who was a Leaf shinobi. We all thought he was killed in action during the last war."

Kakashi demands to know, "If you survived, why didn't you come forward sooner?" A dark expression settles on my Guardian's features.

"It's irrelevant whether I had survived or not," Responds Obito. "Although, I suppose..." He holds out his free hand. "... if you really want an answer... it's because... you let Rin... die." Obito lowers his hand as Kakashi stares back at him with wide, wavering eyes. "Relax. Besides, what's with that look, Kakashi?"

Another dark expression settles on the Hatake's features as he questions lowly, "You're not going to condemn me?"

Closing his eyes briefly, Obito asks, "What would I gain from criticising this absurd reality at this point?" Kakashi starts at that before he looks down guiltily. Guy, Naruto and I gaze at him in sympathy. Obito lowers his hands as anger fills his voice. "I have no interest in the affairs of a world that shall soon cease to exist."

"Kakashi Sensei!" Naruto calls. "I don't know what went down between you two, but this is no time to be depressed! We can discuss it later!" Naruto looks back at Obito. "Right now, stopping what this guy is trying to do comes first!"

I say to the Hatake, "Kashi-kun! Naruto is absolutely right! The fate of this world currently rests in our hands!"

Obito says as he activates Kamui, "I have nothing more to talk to you about. Stay tied down to reality... and die!" Fire swirls towards us. Naruto was there and uses his Nine Tails transformation to deflect the flames with his tails. "The Nine Tails, huh?"

Just then, a figure slams into the ground beside Obito.

"Huh?! What the—?!" Guy exclaims.

The dust clears to reveal a man that has long spiky black hair and the Sharingan eyes of the Uchiha clan. He wears red armor over his clothing.

The newcomer says, "Looks like you're having fun over here

The newcomer says, "Looks like you're having fun over here... Obito."