Naruto Shippuden, The Movie: Road To Ninja, Part 3

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I stand next to Naruto as Sakura crouches before a group of little kids, chatting with them. I can't help but smile along with Naruto.

The adults around us were also smiling at Sakura.

It's been like this all morning since we got away from Shino. Sakura has been stopped by the villagers wanting to talk to her.

"Can I shake your hand, Child of Heroes?" Asks a kid with brown hair wearing a Leaf headband.

"Of course!" Sakura giggles, shaking his hand in both of us.

"This is so cool!" Gushes another kid wearing a cap on their head. "When I grow up, I wanna be just like you, Sakura! So what do I do?!"

"Well, uh..." Sakura puts her hand t her chin in thought. "Study hard, I guess, and train hard. If you've got determination and the will to fight..." Sakura looks back at the kids with a grin and clenched fists of determination. "... you're pretty much all set!"

The kids burst into loud cheers of joy.

"I'll work hard, I swear," The little girl promises. She turns to leave with her friends, waving back at Sakura. "Thanks, Sakura! Bye!"

Sakura returns the wave as she calls encouragingly, "You can do it!" Sakura rises to her feet but Naruto and I glance at her suspiciously.

"Hold on," I say, "you're enjoying this whole situation, aren't you?" This startles the green eyed girl.

"No," She immediately denies while crossing her arms and closing her eyes indignantly, "I most certainly am not! I'm merely playing the part of Child of Heroes so I don't look out of place."

"Oh, not at all?" Naruto prompts, also suspicious.

"Well, a... a little," Sakura admits, averting her gaze. Naruto and I stare at her with suspicious eyes. "I mean, it doesn't look like there are any big threats to deal with right now." She smiles. "It's not that bad once you get used to it, you know."

I say, "So you've completely forgotten everything?!"

Naruto adds, jumping in front of her while pointing behind him, "Sakura! This is a fake world that Madara sent us to! We're trapped here!"

Holding up her hands placatingly, Sakura says, "Yes, of course! I know that. Look, I was just saying..."

"The point is that I'm not staying!!" Naruto explodes in her face. He spins around and starts stomping off. "I'm not staying on this dumb world!"

"I concur," I agree as I go to follow him.

"Wait—where are you going?" Sakura calls after us.

Naruto returns smartly, "To gather more intel, of course!"

I add, "We're not just gonna hang around here doing nothing!"

"Wait! I'm coming too!" Sakura calls as she races after us.

"You wanna know something?" Naruto asks Sakura and I as we head down the hall in the Hokage tower to Tsunade's office. "The best thing to do is always ask Granny."

"I sure hope she's just as smart as the Tsunade in our world, otherwise I've no idea what else we could do," I mutter.

"Hey, don't be so apathetic about it, Ayumi," Sakura says.

"Well, I know by now not to get my hopes up," I mutter back.

Just as I place my hand on the door lever, Tsunade's voice hollers through the door.