Chapter 11

Ayumi's P. O. V:

Those from my clan and I heal the wounded when we regroup in a part of the forest. When I was healing Omoi, he'd given me a lollipop, as a token of his friendship, which I'm sucking on now.

Afterwards, a Leaf Jounin goes up to Kakashi and informs him, "The Sealing Core just reported in. There weren't able to seal Pakura and Gari."

"I see." Kakashi puts his hand to his chin in thought. "Two of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen remain. Fuguki Suikazan and Mangetsu Hozuki." We've regrouped with a ninja who could connect us telepathically to HQ, just after Omoi has suddenly deserted our field. Kakashi tells Tsunade and the Raikage that Omoi has deserted us.

The Raikage demands in his gruff voice, "What was that?! Did you say Omoi deserted the battlefield?!"

Tsunade questions, shock in her own voice, "Is this true, Kakashi?"

Gripping the telepathic ninja's hand, so we could hear, the silverette replies with guilt in his voice, "I'm afraid it is. Reports say that he ran from his post after stating that he needed to leave for a bit."

"He did?!" Gasps Guy, fist clenched. "But why?! Why would he? Omoi! Come back, my comrade-in-arms!"

I hear the Raikage growling in anger. "Dammit, Omoi! What were you thinking?! Doesn't he know our situation is strained enough as it is? Even losing a single man could decrease the strength of the military unit." I hear the sound of a fist hitting a desk.

"Raikage-sama, are you dumb?! You buy this crap about him deserting?!" Comes a girl's voice. Probably a Cloud nin.

"Huh? Karui."

"He may act a little anxious at times but he's definitely not a coward! He'd never just run from the enemy. This whole thing must be some kind of mistake!"

Raikage says seriously, "Look, I don't wanna believe that he could do this either. But still, deserting under enemy fire is a serious offence in the Hiddrn Cloud. And so..."

Kakashi switches places with Sai who puts his hand on the ninja's shoulder and inputs, "I've remembered something that might be of help."

"Yes, Sai?" Asks Tsunade.

"Before Omoi left, we got a report. Our unit on Battlefield 7 was under attack. They were requesting that reinforcements be sent. I saw that when he heard that, Omoi went pale."

I hear Mabui say, "We received their call for reinforcements four hours ago. It appears they were surrounded and pinned down by a large number of White Zetsu. There were... 2000."

"2000?!" Breathes Tsunade in shock.

"We had no forces nearby to send to their aid. So we told them just to hang tight. We haven't heard from them since."

Sai says, "It's entirely possible that battlefield is where Omoi is heading."

Tsunade demands to know, "Who's deployed on Battlefield 7?"

A man responds, "The Amphibian Search and Destroy Unit. Most of them are from the Hidden Mist Village. 24 of them were deployed to the front."

"The Hidden Mist..." Mutters the Raikage, sounding exasperated. "Why is Omoi so eager to help?"

Mabui says, "We received another troubling message too. A supply unit that was travelling on the road close to Battlefield 7 has yet to reach their destination and has been reported as missing. Perhaps they went to the aid of the Amphibian Search and Destroy Unit...?"

Tsunade questions, "Which supply unit is missing?"

"The Hidden Cloud's... Thunder Cloud Unit!"

"What did you say?!" Demands Raikage.