"Strawberries.."(1)

If you haven't read the first book, Tainted Lies, I recommend you read that first. 

Gregory's POV-

Evan briefly smiles at me as he places a plate of strawberries with the tops cut off at the table, before placing a knife--one way too large for the task of cutting the tops off strawberries--in the sink. 

Evan has become very insistent with the idea of going to the store to get food for me over the last few weeks. I get it, I need to eat, but it would be way more convenient to just stock up on Ramen packets and eat those for a month instead of going once a week. Not that I'm complaining about the strawberries though. 

Michael stares blankly at the plate in front of me. "Eww.." Michael shakes his head and looks away in disbelief. "That's so weird."

"He's just jealous," Evan jibes, gently shoving Michael on his way to sit in the chair next to mine. 

Michael huffs exasperatedly, but a very quiet laugh escapes from him. 

It's a little awkward to be the only one that eats. 

Nothing has really happened over the last three weeks, besides adjusting. It's been rather calm, and I've enjoyed that. I've enjoyed it here, mostly. 

"I'm still tired," I mumble as I finish my strawberries. 

"You can go back to sleep if you want to," Evan says. "It's morning though."

"It's three in the morning." I specify. 

Evan shrugs, "Still morning. Do you want to go back to bed? Coffee? Energy drink?"

"I'm okay," I reply, going to put my plate in the sink before Evan takes it from me and does it for me. "Why are we awake at three?"

"It's morning?" Evan says, blatantly. 

"I have to pay some bills," Michael eyes me warily, grabbing a pen off the table and backing out of the kitchen and towards the halls. 

I watch him leave before turning my attention back to Evan, "that's it? Just because it's morning?"

"Well," Evan pauses to think. "Mostly. I have to visit the missing kids today and make sure everything is still going okay. I also have therapy with Goldie at four, so I wanted to make sure you were taken care of." 

"Seriously.." 

"I don't want you to starve." Evan mutters. 

"It's three in the morning. I had dinner at eleven last night. I'm not going to starve." I say simply. 

Evan shrugs and kisses my forehead, "I had to make sure." 

"I'm okay, though-" I try to explain through flustered stutters as Evan disappears into thin air. 

I sigh. It's kinda weird when he does that. 

I suppose I'm not used to seeing people dissipate into shadows and leave no trace of existence.

Perhaps the knife in the sink is a trace he was here.  

-------------------------------------------------------A/N

I don't know if I like this chapter.. But it's just the beginning so it'll get somewhere soon(I hope).