Chapter 41

Kellin's P.O.V:

After we came back home from the dog park meeting Lily again, Nikki was really tired so she laid down in bed for a while. I sat on the bean bags in the living room and turned on the TV and started watching Full House. I remember when Mike Fuentes got Bob Saget's autograph, he screamed like a fan girl it was so funny, but now the picture is in the back of his closet. I giggled at the thought. Such good times with the guys. My phone beeped.

MATTY: Hey man, how did the meeting go with her sis?

ME: It went great! She changed a lot Nikki went into tears when she saw her.

MATTY: awesome man! Do you guys have anymore plans for tonight?

ME: No, I don't know what else she wants to do. She's taking a nap right now because we didn't a lot of sleep last night if you know what I mean.... ;)

MATTY: oh ok. Thinking with the manhood much there....

ME: Don't give me that. We all know that you and Britt had fun last night too.

MATTY: awe babe, but I was thinking about you.

ME: mmmm kinky.

MATTY: too far. Too far. Britt was wondering if you two want to come over for dinner later.

ME: Let me ask the birthday girl.

MATTY: Alright just don't get killed out there soldier.

I laughed at Matty's reply. This was a complete normal conversation between us. I went to the bedroom and opened the door. I saw that the blinds were closed, the small fan was on in the rooms and there was a lumps in the bed. I slowly took off my shirt and jeans and climbed into bed with her. I wrapped my arms around her small waist and pulled her into my chest. She mumbled something into my chest and kissed it. I kissed her forehead and begin to play with her hair. She looked up at me and gave a sleepy smile at me and kissed my chin.

"Hey sweetheart." She said sleepily.

"Hey, do you want to go out later tonight and have dinner at the Mullin's?" I asked saying it in a strong Italian accent to make sound fancier. She looked up at me and giggled.

"You are such a ham Kel. But I love you."

"Do you want to go?" I asked pulling her closer to me.

"Yeah sure. Let me change." She said getting up and stretching. I watched her get dressed, her delicate body moving slowly. I've never noticed how skinny she was until now, you could almost see all her ribs. Maybe she was- no. She turned around now fully dressed. "We're you watching the whole entire time?" She asked blushing.

"Psh. No. But what if I was?" I asked sitting up and crossing my legs on the bed.

"That would make you a certified stalker. But I love you anyways." She said kissing me on the cheek and ruffling my hair. "Go change baby and fix your hair." She said getting up and walking to the living room. I grabbed my phone and texted Matty.

ME: Hey, so we are coming over.

MATTY: Sweet! Guy time!

ME: See yeah in a couple of minutes!

I walked out of the bathroom after I put on a shirt, some skinny jeans and I combed my hair. I walked out to see Nikki on one of the bean bags reading a book. I came up to her and kissed her temple,

"what are you reading sweetheart?" I asked. She held up the book and showed me the cover, it was a thick book with an old torn cover.

"It's a book that my parents used to read to me until things fell apart. I always read a few stories on my birthday and Christmas as a little tradition for myself." She said closing the book and marking the page. "Ready to go?" She asked standing up and grabbing a light sweater off of a hook.