Chapter 37

Nikki's P.O.V:

"Do you miss him a lot?" Brittany asked as she and I were walking through Pike Place Market getting some groceries and flowers to make our houses a little home-y.

"Yeah but then I remember that he is going to come back soon." I said bending over to smell a bouqet of lilies. The woman behind the stand smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Would you like one?" She asked grabbing one free from the bunch.

"Yes please but actually I would like to buy all of them." I said digging in my purse for my wallet.

"No, no you don't need to get money. I will give these to you. Many people don't buy lilies. It's such a shame because they are beautiful flowers." I smiled at her and nodded.

"At least let me give you 10 dollars." I argued. She shoved the bunch in my arms.

"No. They are as pretty as you eyes." She said sweetly. A few tears came to my eyes.

"Thank you. My boyfriend always compares my eyes to flowers." I said wiping away a tear from the corner of my eye.

"Your boyfriend, where is he?" She asked her eyes lighting up.

"Oh he's on tour with her husband right now." She looked at Brittany and smiled.

"How is Matty doing?" She asked sweetly. Brittany smile and nodded.

"Doing great! He calls me everyday. Only a 2 more weeks till they come back!" She said happily. A couple walked up next to us smelling the flowers.

"Have a great day!" I said before linking arms with Brittany and then waking away.