2.

CARLISLE was the only Cullen-Hale vampire to remain calm after the birthday party incident.

"Emmett, get Jasper outside." Elexia heard his calm voice from where her and Rosalie stood outside. The blue-eyed girl was soothing the baby in her arms, her cries finally calming as she cuddled into her mom's chest.

"Come on, Jasper." Emmett said next.

A few seconds after Emmett spoke, out came the duo, a snarling Jasper slowly simmering down in Emmett's grasp as they got farther from Bella and the blood.

Jasper's eyes drifted to Elexia, who was leaning her head on Rosalie's shoulder with her eyes closed, and then they traveled over Gaia; whose tiny face was streaked in tears as she laid her head on her mother's chest. Guilt filled his stomach as he looked at them. To think that he was the one to cause them to look so distraught. He felt shame, breaking away from Emmett as he sped away, deep into the woods to think about what he'd done.

Emmett sighed, feeling defeated, sitting down on the ground. Esme joined him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. It killed Elexia to see her best friend in the world so distraught. Emmett was always the happy one.

No one knew what to say. They all remained silent.

Rosalie looked at her girls, fear burrowing deep in her cold heart at the prospect of losing them. They were pure and they had nothing to do with this mess. She suddenly felt anger; anger towards Edward. He was the one who pushed his girlfriend so hard; the one who caused much more of a disaster than needed. If only he had handled it in a more civilized manner. . .

"Let's get you home." Rosalie murmured to Elexia, who wordlessly nodded, still in shock.

The drive to Elexia's house was completely quiet. Neither of the girls knew what to say, or how to say it. When they opened the door, Austin was on the couch, watching some action movie.

"Hey, girls. How was the party?" Austin smiled up at them, his eyes leaving the television to look at his daughter, granddaughter, and Rosalie. His smile dropped when he saw the looks on their faces. "What happened? Are you all okay?"

"Just a little accident," Elexia quietly spoke. "Bella tripped and got hurt, you know how she is. There was a lot of blood, but I'm sure Carlisle dealt with it. It just soured our night, I guess."

"That sucks." Austin shrugged. "As long as you two and Gaia are okay, that's all that matters. If you're hungry, I made grilled chicken. It's in the fridge."

"Thanks, Dad. I'll come down for some later." Elexia smiled softly.

"Thanks, A." Rosalie also smiled, taking Elexia's hand and leading her up the stairs.

As Elexia began to change into pajamas, Rosalie set Gaia on the bed to change her out of her cupcake dress into a onesie for sleep, and then she changed herself into a spare set of her own pajamas that she kept in Elexia's room for when she stayed over.

They still remained quiet, neither of them daring to be the one to break the silence. Rosalie feared too much that Elexia had a different opinion on her and her family, after seeing Jasper like that. The blonde human wasn't mindlessly attached to her the way that Bella was to Edward. Rosalie was terrified that her family scared Elexia tonight.

Elexia, on the other hand, was having no such thoughts. She thought of Jasper, and how guilty he must feel over something he couldn't control. She thought of Alice, who is caught in the middle of this mess; stuck between her soulmate and Edward. Of Carlisle and Esme, who were the parental figures of nearly everyone in that house and how stressed they must be.