10.

Warnings: talks of death, depression, and anxiety; car accident

ELEXIA had gotten her wish.

It snowed a good amount.

And she was ecstatic.

Her and Melody were trekking through the snow at La Push Beach, in their beanies and big coats. Gaia was at home with Rosalie, of course.

"Today is Gaia's first snow ever," Elexia gushed. They had gotten a little bit in the morning and took Gaia outside for a second before Elexia and Melody left for the beach. Their plan was to just enjoy the beach in the snow, which Melody had never seen, being from Savannah.

"We'll see how long I last out here," Melody laughed a bit. "It's really windy. And freezing."

"Okay, Savannah girl." Elexia teased as they made it off of the walkway and onto the beach. "Wow, there really is no one here."

"Well, not everyone is crazy like you, Lexi." Melody laughed, rubbing her hands together furiously and then shoving them in her pockets.

"How can you not love the snow?" Elexia asked, planting herself on the ground. "It is amazing and beautiful."

"It is pretty. But, so, so cold and so painful." Melody winced as she sat down next to her.

"I won't torture you for too long." Elexia playfully rolled her eyes.

Melody only smiled and wrapped her arm around her friend's shoulders.

"How have things been at home? With Bella and with school? Make any new friends yet?" Elexia asked, hope in her voice at the last question. She hated that Melody felt so alone in Forks. She almost wished she could introduce her to the rest of the Cullens.

"Stuff at home's... okay. Uncle Charlie's still so on edge with Bella. But thank you for sending Austin over. They watched some game together and I actually heard Uncle Charlie laugh for the first time in a while. They really love each other." Melody smiled.

"They do." Elexia nodded. "Practically inseparable ever since I was a kid. It's only getting worse as the years go by."

"You know, I wouldn't be surprised if those two eloped in another country and just came home and casually admitted they got married." Melody said, still smiling.

"I wouldn't be surprised either, actually." Elexia chuckled.

"Anyway, school is boring as ever and I still don't really have any friends. I talk to a couple of people, but no solid friends. You're the only one who actually gets it, you know? To have anxiety and to struggle." Melody shrugged.

"I get it, Mel." Elexia nodded. "I didn't really have any friends besides Bella and the Cullens, either. I still don't. I just.. want you to have more than I do. It sucks to be lonely. But for me, I have a kid, so I am always busy and doing something. You are either with me, or you're alone in the house. I don't want you to feel isolated like this."

"Thanks, Lexi. It means so much to me that you care this much." Melody squeezed her shoulder. "I'm going to go to college and hopefully make some friends there. I only have until June, and then I'm free from Forks High School."

"That's true." Elexia nodded. "I'm glad you're thinking into the future like that. Do you know what you want to go to school for?"

"I was thinking of being a teacher of some sort." Melody told her. "Maybe English. I'd prefer to teach high school, since high school students struggle a lot and could use a teacher that actually cares, instead of the cold and mean ones that most schools are filled with."