6.

THE weeks following Halloween were uneventful, though peaceful and slow. December had arrived before they knew it, and Amethyst had them all going ice-skating. With the month's abrupt arrival, they figured it was time to get into the Christmas spirit.

The ice rink that she had chosen was over three hours away, but according to her, it would, "all be worth it when they got there" and, "they'll see." Whatever that meant, Elexia thought. Gaia would be staying with Austin, so she didn't get overwhelmed and have to stay up late. 

"There's ice-skating and there's a bunch of other cute stuff." Amethyst reassured as the group sat around in Elexia's room, getting ready. The only human was wearing a white shirt with light grey sweatpants and a teal sweatshirt.

They all went downstairs to say goodbye to Gaia (and Austin).

"Goodbye," Elexia sadly said, looking at her baby who was in her father's arms. "You look so cute."

"I still can't believe she's been sitting up by herself now." Rosalie smiled sadly as Austin set the baby on the floor.

"Look at this little one," Emmett said as he looked at the baby.

"Good job, Gaia!" Amethyst cheered.

"Big girl!" Elexia added.

Finally, they managed to get out of the house and into the car. Emmett would be driving, with Amethyst in the passenger seat and the couple in the back.

The three-and-a-half hours were long, and it was pitch black out when they arrived at the little town and got out of the car.

The entrance was a wooden archway that had golden lights strung along it. As they walked through, Christmas trees and wreaths in the same lights surrounded them, paired with other various Christmas decorations. The miniature town inside was beautiful, little houses all in stunning decorations.

Emmett barely managed to duck inside one, holding the door open for the girls.

"Welcome to my house," Emmett said. "Here's my chair." He motioned to a small chair in the corner of the much too small house.

Amethyst and Elexia laughed while Rosalie playfully rolled her eyes before they exited the room, with the blonde vampire claiming she was beginning to get claustrophobic.

"Alright, you guys ready?" Elexia asked, smiling at the three vampires, referring to skating, as they were in front of the skate rentals booth.

Much to Elexia's dismay, her best friends and girlfriend were all flawless at skating, while she looked like Bambi on ice. Turns out, she was really bad at ice skating.

"Honestly, it's pretty hard trying to maintain a human-like pace, though." Amethyst spoke. "My body just wants me to speed up."

Emmett wasted no time skating ahead of the girls, while Rosalie and Amethyst held onto the human's arms, although they were laughing quite hard.

A man sitting outside of the rink pulled out a guitar and began playing a song, which had Rosalie, Amethyst, and Elexia bobbing their heads, hugging each other.

"It's snowing!" Elexia exclaimed after a half hour of non-stop skating. "No way!"

"No, it's not, it's fake snow." Rosalie told her, pointing up at the little snow machines on the poles that lined the rink.

Elexia's smile dropped. "Oh."

Rosalie smiled sheepishly, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend's shoulders and planting a kiss on her cheek. Then, she took her hand and took her for a slow skate around the rink, just them two.