9.

ROSALIE had suggested that her, Elexia, and Melody get out of Forks for a day and go on a little trip to Port Angeles, since they hadn't been out in a while. Both girls agreed, and decided to take Gaia, too.

"I can't believe Gaia is already seven months old," Elexia said, as she was dressing the baby.

"It's insane," Rosalie frowned. "I feel like we were just in the delivery room, seeing her for the first time. I didn't think it was going to go by so fast."

"I feel like I just found out I was pregnant with her. I can't believe that was over a year ago!" Elexia exclaimed, just realizing in that moment how truly fast everything was going by.

"Wow, you've lived in Forks for nearly a year now." Rosalie said.

"You've been here a year?" Melody asked, getting a nod out of Elexia. "I don't know if I expected it to be longer or shorter, honestly."

"Honestly... I feel the same. I don't know if it's felt like longer than a year, or less. But it has only been a year."

Once Gaia was all dressed, Elexia handed her to Rosalie and got her own shoes on. Melody sat in the backseat with Gaia like usual, with Rosalie driving and Elexia in the passenger seat.

"So, how many siblings do you have and what are their names?" Melody asked, somewhere along the drive. When Melody was over for the sleepover after Elexia, Rosalie, and Gaia returned home from California, they explained to her that she could not tell Bella that some of them had stayed in Forks. Melody understood and didn't take much convincing.

"I have five. Amethyst, Edward, Emmett, Alice, and Jasper." Rosalie answered.

"Amethyst is a really cool name," Melody said, having never heard the name before.

"We all call her Ame. She thinks Amethyst is a mouth-full." Elexia chuckled.

"It is, in a way." Melody shrugged, getting back on topic. "Okay, so, Elexia told me that you're all adopted and you have a twin."

Rosalie nodded, being patient, even though using these cover-up stories always annoyed her. "Me and Jasper are really twins. Our aunt, Esme, took us in when we were younger after our parents died. That's why our last name is Hale, and not Cullen. But Alice, Edward, Amethyst, and Emmett were all adopted from different families."

"That's pretty cool, that you all come from different places, yet still ended up united as one family." Melody smiled. "I hope you don't mind me asking questions."

Rosalie smiled softly, looking at Elexia next to her. "No worries. I remember when Lex was like this."

Melody gave them a playful smile. "Your parents, Alice, and Jasper moved to New York because your dad got a better job offering, right?"

"Yes." Rosalie nodded. "As much as Carlisle liked working in a small town, it got a bit... restrictive. Alice is still in high school so she went with them, and she and Jasper are together."

"I know Amethyst and Emmett live in Washington. Will I ever get to meet them?" Melody asked, curious. The Cullen family intrigued her – just like they did most people.

"One day." Elexia interjected, giving her friend a quick smile.

"Wait, where the hell did Edward go?" Melody's eyebrows furrowed. "He's the one Bella dated, right? If Alice and Jasper are in New York, and Emmett and Amethyst are here, where is he?"

"Edward's studying abroad in Rio." Rosalie answered.

"Oh. Cool." Melody said, not thinking much of Edward. Though she wasn't close with her cousin, he still broke Bella's heart and it upset Melody to hear about him.