8.

ELEXIA'S birthday trip to California with Rosalie, Gaia, and Abbie was surprisingly refreshing and even a little healing for her. There were points where she was a little stiff and awkward with her mother, but overall, the trip was a good one.

On her birthday, Bella actually called her. Of course, Elexia answered and was polite, but she couldn't lie about the fact that she felt a rift between them. After being blown off by Bella, she was really hurt and remained guarded when it came to her. She didn't think she would ever be able to be truly close with her ever again.

However, Bella did sound a lot better. Still not great, but better. Elexia was happy for her about that. Depression was horrendous, no matter the reason why you ended up having it. Bella recovering slowly was positive.

She also got phone calls from Emmett and Amethyst– who dramatically sang her happy birthday–, Melody, who was sweet as always, and the rest of the Cullens in New York.

It was particularly nice to hear from Esme, Carlisle, and Jasper. Alice called her pretty much everyday, so she didn't have to miss her too much, luckily.

Jasper was still feeling guilty as ever and he was also hurt that Edward was being so distant from him. Elexia could tell that along with Jasper, Esme, Carlisle, and Alice all missed Edward. Despite the fact that she wasn't always fond of Edward, she knew he still meant a lot to the family. It hurt her to hear Esme so pained over him being gone.

Even Emmett and Amethyst talked about missing Edward on occasion. Amethyst hadn't seen him for over two years, and she viewed all of the Cullens as her baby siblings. Hell, Rosalie even got mad once that Edward wasn't talking much to anyone. Elexia was almost frustrated at Edward for leaving his family hanging. They didn't deserve that.

Elexia, Rosalie, and Gaia were finally back in Forks and they had reunited with Emmett and Amethyst the night prior, as they went and got them at the airport. It was all foggy for Elexia since she was so exhausted from the flight, but it was a new day and she was going to see Melody.

She was planning on introducing Rosalie and Melody today, but in a casual way, to not overwhelm Melody.

The moment Melody got into the backseat of the car, next to Gaia's car seat, she leaned close to the baby. Elexia was so relieved Melody seemed to be more comfortable in cars now, though she would always struggle. She knew Charlie had been working on that with her. "Hello! I missed you so much!" she spoke to Gaia. She turned to Elexia, seemingly not noticing that Rosalie was in the driver's seat. "She doubled in size, Lexi."

Elexia chuckled, nodding her head. Her and Rosalie had gotten food before picking up Melody so that they could eat together in the car. Rosalie parked in an empty parking lot while they ate.

It seemed to finally click in Melody's head that Elexia was in the passenger seat and the car was being driven by someone else. Sensing that, Rosalie turned to her with a small smile, handing her some of the food she got.

"Oh my god! You're Rosalie?!" Melody smiled, taking the food gratefully. "It's so nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you, too, Melody." Rosalie said warmly. "I've heard so much about you."

Melody's grin somehow got even bigger. She was so happy to finally meet the woman that made Elexia so happy. "I've heard a lot about you, too!"

Elexia took a sip of her lemonade before talking. "Mel, I missed you so much."

"I missed you, too." Melody said. "I missed Gaia a lot. She's starting to wake up more."

Elexia leaned back, seeing Gaia's bright blue eyes were wide open. "You can take her out of the carseat and hold her, Mel. I know you want to."