12.

ELEXIA could not wait until she graduated.

Rosalie's gentle tapping on her shoulder was not why she was aggravated, but the reason why she had to wake up was. She was becoming so sick and tired of going to school.

Nonetheless, she got up out of bed and fixed her pillow and blanket. After she was done, she made her way over to Gaia's crib, where the baby was sitting up. She picked her up and kissed her cheek and then lifted her up over her head, kissing her belly.

The three of them made their way downstairs and into the kitchen, where Elexia grabbed a bottle for Gaia out of the fridge. She ran it under some warm water. Back upstairs, Gaia laid in Elexia's lap while she ate. It was one of those mornings that Elexia got to actually spend time with her daughter.

Most days, Gaia is still asleep when Elexia wakes up and Rosalie takes care of her when she eventually wakes up, while Elexia does what she has to do before school. But, today, she'd decided to wake up early.

As soon as Gaia was all done, Elexia sighed dramatically and laid down with her daughter. Rosalie chuckled and sat down next to them. They got to enjoy a few silent minutes, just snuggling and enjoying being with each other.

Unfortunately, reality was knocking on the door, annoyingly. Elexia had to get up and change Gaia's diaper. Luckily, the baby just laid there and didn't squirm around or cry, so Elexia got it done quickly.

"I have to get ready now," Elexia said, putting Gaia in her bouncer. Rosalie nodded, sitting on the floor across from Gaia so that she could play with her. The mornings in the Reedus house were usually pretty stale and boring. 

"I think she might want to nap, Lex." Rosalie pointed out, taking note of how Gaia seemed sleepy. Elexia only nodded as she headed into the bathroom to do her hair, brush her teeth, and wash her face.

Heading back into her room, still slightly grumpy, she looked up to see Gaia napping in her crib and Rosalie cleaning up her toys. Elexia smiled softly, some of her irritation easing as she looked at her girlfriend. She was beyond thankful for her, even on days where she felt like curling up in a ball and crying.

From her closet, she grabbed some jeans and a pale pink sweater. She also grabbed a thin blue lace top to wear underneath.

"Very beautiful." Rosalie was suddenly behind Elexia, speaking quietly in her ear. Shivers crawled along Elexia's spine and warmth filled her cheeks. Rosalie slid the ponytail out of her girlfriend's hair and began running her fingers through it. "What shoes are you gonna wear?"

"My Doc Martens." Elexia said, pointing to her black Doc Martens that were lined up with the rest of her shoes in front of her dresser, which contained mostly Gaia's clothes.

Rosalie nodded and stepped away from Elexia, whose heart was still pounding, so that she could get her shoes on. It was amazing how Rosalie still gave her those familiar butterflies; the ones she'd felt when she very first moved to Forks.

"I got everything in your backpack for you." Rosalie informed her as she grabbed the teal bag. Elexia smiled at her gratefully, hating to pack it in the morning.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get something to eat." Elexia looked at Rosalie, silently asking if she was coming down. She gave her a nod, following her down the stairs.

Upon getting into the kitchen, Elexia grabbed the first thing she could get her hands on, which happened to be a bagel. Her lunch bag was on the kitchen island, already packed, thanks to Rosalie.

The time finally came that Elexia had to leave and go to school. Rosalie already knew what was going on as Elexia's demeanor changed. The former turned to look at her girlfriend, a sad expression in her blue eyes.