Chapter 38 - A Provider

I open the door to come face to face with my husband

The one to who I decided to give a second chance to because I still love him. I decided to be a complete idiot again, so I'm not allowed to cry or be in pain over him if he does something. I'll simply leave him and not look back no matter how much he begs or the number of pretty words that leave his mouth.

He takes my face in one of his hands while keeping the other behind his back as he gives me a tender and delicate kiss.

He then reveals his hand and the big bouquet of azaleas in it when we pull away.

"I brought my girls flowers." He states staring at me softly and I melt.

He's such a lucky fucker.

I gently take the flowers from him as he closes the door and enters the apartment.

"Thank you." I tell him heading to put them in a vase as he goes toward Alina who is in her high chair ready to eat.

I listen to her giggles and babbling as her father talks to her and gives her a countless number of kisses.

"You should have told me you were coming over and I would have cooked something for us." I tell him when I've finished with the flowers.

I then grab Alina's small bowl and spoon where I made her a little bit of soup.

"I came to visit you both not for you to cook for me, love." He pulls a chair for me to sit on and then gives me a kiss on the head.

"I'll cook something quick for us." He states taking his suit jacket off and placing it on a chair.

I then watch as he rolls the sleeves of his white dress shirt and unbuttons it at the top.

I then look away from him and hand Alina her sip cup that's filled with apple juice since she is motioning for me to give it to her. A smile forms on my lips at how smart she seems to be. I can tell very clearly that her nanny took great care of her.

I still have to get back to her with an email. I make a mental note to do it soon.

I watch my little girl take sips before opening her mouth babbling at me. It is clear that she is demanding that I feed her, so I do just that. I'm sure she's going to start talking soon and I'm looking forward to her calling me mama. I'm sure I'll cry when that day comes.

A while later, Akim places a bowl of some sort of soup in front of me just as I finally finish feeding my little girl that wouldn't stop having a conversation of some sort with me.

She drinks from her juice staring at her father with so much admiration and love. Akim gives her a smile that she gladly returns showing him her only two teeth.