Chapter 14 - An Ax

She smells so nice

She smells so nice.

She always has and her scent is like a comfort. It feels like I'm home. Her presence solely is enough to keep alive and breathing.

She came over to work with me and Leonid on finding Marcello. I took the opportunity to sit close to her and she isn't allowed to say anything unless she wants my brother to know about us.

I'm currently looking over her shoulder at the laptop in front of her, but I'm not focused on it. I'm focused on her and how badly I want to kiss her.

She seems to be concentrated on what is in front of her, but she isn't. I know that it's killing her inside that I'm so close to her. She can try to convince herself that she doesn't want me anymore as much as she wants but we both know it isn't true.

I know I'm still stuck in her heart somewhere and in that pretty and smart mind of hers.

Her phone suddenly lights up beside her and she grabs it before I can even see who the fuck is texting her.

She rapidly types something after looking at it and then stands up and away from me.

I'm then back to feeling bitter and realizing the reality of things and how not okay they are.

"I have a small job to take care of. I'll search for Marcello and for more information on him when I have time." She informs Leonid while looking at him and she doesn't even spare a glance down at me.

Never mind, she glances at me but only for a brief second, almost nothing, before gathering her things. I attentively watch her and every small move she makes until she leaves and disappears out the door.

She's fucking mesmerizing and I'm a fucking idiot.

"Akim." Leonid breaks me out of the thought of her.

I look at him as if I wasn't basically giving it away that I'm in love with the woman he thinks is just an assassin working with us.

"I need you to talk to me." He demands it and I sort of tense at it because I don't want to open my mouth.

"I'm fine, Leonid." Is all I'm able to say to him and the way he is staring at me tells me he doesn't believe shit.

"You look fucking sad and it's weird." He adds on trying to push me.

"You were also staring at her the whole time she was here and not once did your eyes leave her. Apart from that you were sitting way to close to her." He now brings her up and the truth is so close from spilling out of my mouth.

I stay quiet and look away from him fighting the urge. Every single memory of me and Morelia and everything that has happened between us in the past years come rushing to me.

It's as if everyone even my own mind wants me to tell him.

So, I look at him. "That woman that was just here is my whole fucking world and she owns every piece of me." I'm so pissed off with myself.