Chapter 3 - A Talk

Her watery eyes and the pain that was evident in them made me want to fucking shoot myself

I already hated myself for choosing to leave her without an explanation but seeing how much I've clearly hurt her makes me want to die for it.

After she basically rushed out of Dario Romano's office, he told me that she is the best assassin out in the world in the moment. I don't understand and can't really comprehend how that happened.

It makes me regret everything more. If I would have known that this would have happened, then I would have just given her my real identity. She knows it now and I'm more than sure that she hates me more than she probably already did before.

I can't even stand the thought of how much she simply hates me by just looking at me. Her beautiful dark eyes seemed so empty, and I hate that I'm the one at fault for it.

I couldn't sleep all night by simply thinking of my sweet and lovely wife that seems to be a completely different person now.

I've avoided the city for years. I've isolated myself in Leonid's house, scared that I might run into her. I ran into her in the most unexpected place of all.

The door to Dario's office opens just as I'm about to reach it and she walks out distracted looking down at some papers. She bumps right into me, and I subconsciously put my hands on her waist to hold her still.

She immediately looks at me. I didn't realize how much I missed having her so close to me until now.

She pushes me back roughly and immediately walks away to leave.

"Morelia." I call out to her, and she stops instantly.

"We need to talk." I will not leave her alone until she listens to me.

She only stays silent before continuing to walk away. I have a feeling that it might be a bit hard to have her even look at me for more than a few seconds.

__

I walk into the bedroom that I'm staying at in Leonid's house.

I immediately stand still when I see Morelia standing by one of the nightstands and holding a picture frame in her hand. It's a picture of us from when we got married. I brought it along with me when I left.

"You asked to talk so talk." She turns to look at me.

I know for a fact this isn't going to be a talk at all.

"Start fucking talking, Akim." She begins to walk toward me, and I stay silent.

She's already so angry with me and I need her to be calm and willing to actually listen to what I have to say.

"Please-"

Morelia throws the picture frame causing it to shatter against a wall. "Don't even try to tell me to calm down."

"Do you expect me to kiss you and run back to you after what you did!?" If she were to pull a gun on me right now, I wouldn't be surprised because she's very enraged.

"You hurt me in the worst way!" She takes a step closer to me and I see how sad her dark eyes suddenly become.

"You did the one thing I asked you not to!" The guilt that I've been trying so hard to ignore isn't so hard to not feel anymore.

"I didn't mean to-"

"Yes, you did! If you ever did love me, you wouldn't have done it!" She stands right in front of me, and I notice the way tears are threatening to spill from her eyes.

"You ruined me and because of you I-" She looks away from me and steps away.

Her soft cries that she is trying so hard to hide feel like stabs to the heart. I hate myself for hurting her so much.

"You what, Morelia?" I step behind her and put my hands on her shoulders to turn her to me gently.

She pushes me away from her. "I fucking hate you, Akim."

I knew that would someday come and it feels like I'm in hell by just hearing her say that.

"Baby, I promise that I have an explanation." A knot forms in my throat as I try to get close to her again, but she steps back.

"Don't call me that." She walks to other side of the room and it's clear that my simple presence seems to suffocate her.

"Don't you fucking cry either, Akim." Morelia grabs a vase and throws it at the wall behind me.

Then it's like she goes completely out of control and begins to destroy the whole room. I let her because she's taking out her anger and I'm no one to stop her when I'm at fault.

I stand there for a while watching her and feeling my heart hurt at how badly I have damaged her. She used to be full of love and she was like my fucking ray of sunshine. I completely ruined her, and I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself for it.

Morelia finally stops and begins crying and seems to hate that she is. I immediately walk toward her and pull her into my arms tightly and she sobs.

"I hate you so much, Akim." She cries grabbing my arms tightly in anger.

"I wish I never met you... I wish I never loved you."

Tears of my own begin to fall down my cheeks as I kiss her hair and take in her floral scent that I so badly missed and have needed all this time.

I stay quiet because I don't want to make things worse.

I need to explain things to her, but I can't when she's so full of rage and resentment toward me. I know how badly I fucked up and I regret it so fucking much. I know that she'll understand if she just lets me speak and I know that there can be fixing to this.

I'll do anything she asks me to, but I just need her forgiveness and her back. I need my wife back.

I'm not just going to let her go and hate me forever without even trying to have her back in my arms. I've never loved anyone the way I love her and I'm not letting her go ever.

_________________________________