Chapter 12 - An Exposure of Secrets

I was being so stupid

Of course, I love him and still care for him. How could I not?

I badly wanted to scream it in his face, but I held back because he doesn't deserve to know that or have any sort of attention from me anymore.

It was shocking in a way that he would get stabbed or stab himself just because he knew it would get my attention immediately. I hate that he knows me so well.

I also never realized how far he is willing to go to get what he wants. I'm a bit concerned on how far we will take things with me.

"I saw Marcello again." Gianna speaks up interrupting my thoughts while I take a sip of my wine.

She invited me and Katya over to have some evening wine on one of the balconies of her house. It's something that we do frequently but haven't in a while because of Gianna's recent trips.

She just came back from her recent one where she was staying with Leonid Ivanov.

I give her a questioning look at what she just said, and I have realized that there's something off about her. That's when I notice the mark on the side of her neck that is a bit hard to see especially since her long dark hair is covering it.

"He put his hands on you." Katya states also noticing and Gianna nods.

I subconsciously reach for her hair to move it away and get a better look on the bruises.

I feel my blood boil immediately. I've always hated the thought of a man violently putting his hands on a woman. I've never witnessed it until now and it's infuriating.

The thought that he is capable of hurting my daughter suddenly comes to me and I feel sick to even think about it.

"Why did he do it?" I question grabbing my phone from the table to text Akim. I need to kill Marcello already it's an urged that needs to be satisfied and I won't be comfortable until I see him dead.

"Because I punched him in the face and might have broken his nose." She smiles at herself when I glance up at her.

Katya lets out a small laugh and I can't help the light smile that appears on my lips as well.

"He appeared behind me in a parking garage when I was out shopping. He said a lot of bullshit which pissed me off and caused me to hit him. Then he tried to strangle me while threatening me." She quickly summarizes everything for us.

"What did he say?" Katya asks in curiosity.

"He threatened to kill my father and the Ivanov brothers." Her words almost make me let out an expression of some sort.

The thought of him killing Akim isn't something I thought would also make me feel sick. I've thought a few times of killing him myself but that's different. I didn't realize how much his death would actually impact me until I started overthinking when I was helping him get his stab wound cleaned.