Chapter 2 - A Hell

"Morelia, welcome

"Morelia, welcome." Dario gives me a warm smile when I enter his office.

It's so weird how he is feared by so many but when you really get to know him, he's a nice guy. It's sad to think about what's happened to his family and how quickly it fell apart.

I can see how much Gianna means to him and how proud he is of her for everything. It's a beautiful and foreign thing for me to see in life.

"Dario, good morning." I respond taking a seat.

He contacted me a few days ago and asked me to come see him because he had a job for me. I have an idea of what it could be since he sent Gianna away from here and she kind of explained things to me and Katya before leaving.

"I'll explain everything when he arrives." He looks down at his watch.

"He?" I furrow my eyebrows. I don't remember him telling me anyone else would be here.

"Leonid Ivanov's brother will be working with us." He informs me and I just nod.

I hope this man that he is talking about isn't a pain to work with. I lost my patience a long time ago and I don't know if I'll ever get it back.

There's a knock on the door and Dario looks behind me and toward it. "He's already here." He comments a bit surprised.

Dario calls out for the man to walk in, and I hear the door open and then close behind me. "Good morning."

I still at the voice and chills run down my spine. I hear his footsteps behind me as he gets closer, and I watch them shake hands in greeting.

I finally force myself to look at him with a blurred vision that I hadn't even noticed I had. He looks down at me and his face drops almost instantly.

I blink my eyes a few times and push everything that slowly wants to crawl out of me down. I give him a simple nod of acknowledgment while pretending like I've never seen him in my life.

A small sigh escapes me as I look back at Dario and I try my best to not look at the man who has just sat in the chair beside me.

"Morelia this is Akim Ivanov." Dario introduces me to my own husband.

I didn't think anything of his last name when I first learned about his brother because it is a common Russian name.

"Akim this is Morelia a brutal killer that will be helping us." He now introduces me to him.

Akim is staring at the side of my face. I can feel it but I ignore him.

"What is it that you want me to do?" I want to get straight to point and leave as soon as possible.

"You're both going to track down Marcello and bring him to me or kill him. If it's possible I want to have a little talk with the waste of sperm before you kill him." Dario's last few words completely catch me off guard causing me to raise my eyebrows.

"That's mostly it." He says after a few seconds of silence.

With that I stand from my seat immediately. "If that's all then I'll excuse myself now." This is my opportunity to leave.

"Alright, thank you." He looks a bit suspicious at my sudden urgency to leave but doesn't question me because there is no reason to.

I give him a nod and small smile that I force myself to make before grabbing my purse and leaving. I almost run out of the huge house that suddenly feels like it expands and becomes bigger making it impossible for me to escape Akim's presence.

By the time I make it my car my hands have become sweaty and I'm slowly losing my breath. It takes me much longer than usual to find my keys and unlock the car and then it takes me a while more until I'm able to put the damn key into the ignition keyhole.

I start the car immediately and leave. I drive as fast and as far as I can.

I realize that I'm not okay when I begin to hear my own breathing and heartbeat. I decide that driving is probably not something I should be doing now so I pull over at a random street when I enter the city.

I turn the car off and sit in silence trying my best to calm myself down. My body slowly begins to relax as I take in deep breaths and close my eyes repeating to myself that I'm fine and that everything will be fine.

I rest my head on the steering wheel listening to the silence around me and the muffled noise of the city.

My brain suddenly pushes out a bunch of memories at me of him and the tears I wasted on him.

I begin to cry, and I don't even try to stop myself.

He doesn't deserve my tears, but it does not feel nice to see him. I never thought it would happen and it just did.

I hate him so much.

I pick my head from the wheel while digging my nails into my palms in anger.

All the happiness and peace he once brought me turned into pain and so much rage. I resent him so much for leaving me because I'm sure he knew how much it would affect me and I'm sure that if he would have been there with me then Alina wouldn't have been taken. If he wouldn't have left my side, then I wouldn't be in this horrible phase in my life.

I don't know how I'm going to be able to work with him. I'm not even sure if it's possible or even a good idea.

He was dead to me and now it's like he has crawled out of the ground to come haunt me.

How am I supposed to look him in the face knowing that we have a daughter that he knows nothing about? Am I supposed to even tell him?

I angrily wipe my tears and fight the urge to break this damn car apart from the rage that man causes me. Him and his stupid grey eyes.

I run my finger through my ponytail before leaning my head back against the seat. I let out a breath and try my best to force myself to calm down.

This is going to be hell.

_________________________________