Chapter 13 - An Offer

I enter Dario Romano's house to see him, Gianna, my wife, and a woman that I've never seen before

"Akim, welcome." Dario greets me with a pat on the back.

Gianna and the woman greet me with a good evening and my wife doesn't even turn to look at me. I love her so much.

She's so beautiful even when she's pissed off and bothered by my presence.

"This is Katya a friend of mine and Morelia's." Gianna introduces me to the unknown woman.

"This is Akim, Leonid Ivanov's brother." She then tells her, and she gives me a nod and a faint smile.

I return the nod just as I receive a phone call. I pull my phone out to check and I realize it is an important phone call. It's from Vladimir and Nikolai who I asked to get me some information on a guy that could possibly have something to do with Marcello.

"I have to take this." With that I head outside to answer the phone call.

After a few minutes I hang up and sigh. I thought I had gotten closer to the younger Romano but no. It's like the idiot is playing hide and seek at this point.

I'm about to head back inside when I suddenly see the most annoying person to ever fucking exist approach me.

Boris Gusev.

He unfortunately comes up to me with a big smile like he's glad to see me.

Not even my own wife looks at me like that.

"Akim, glad to see you." Boris sticks a hand out and I force myself to shake it.

I stay quiet because I'm not glad to see him and don't think I ever will be.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something. You're pretty hard to find." He chuckles and I have a feeling of where this might be going.

In the Bratva there are lots of different types of criminals. The most known are the thieves and Boris is one of those. He has great ambition and will do whatever to get what he wants.

"What is it?" I scratch the back of my head not really wanting to be here.

"I'm going to make this quick and straight to the point." His disgusting smile tells me that whatever he is going to say is going to piss me the fuck off.

"I heard about the blue diamonds that belonged to your parents." He starts and I nod. I know where this is going.

"What about them?" I'm already bored of this conversation because I know how it will end.

"I want them."

That causes me to chuckle. How stupid is he to think I would give him that jewelry?

"They're not for sale." I immediately answer what I'm sure his second demand would be before he even gets to say it.