Chapter 23 - A Conclusion

I've never felt so guilty about something the way I do now

I feel like a horrible piece of shit even though I don't remember anything. I hate that I can't remember because I know that I would never willingly or forcefully give in to someone that isn't my wife.

She fucking hates me even more now than she already did, and I don't know if there is any coming back from that.

I knock on Leonid's office door. I've been keeping my distance from him and just everyone overall.

He seems to snap out of whatever he was thinking and motions for me to take a seat. I do without really looking at him. I feel very fucking ashamed more than enough already with my wife, but I also feel it in front of my brother because this isn't what him or our parents taught me to be like.

"I'm not going to apologize."

I look at him in confusion as to what he is talking about.

"I'm not at fault for your marriage falling apart." Leonid answers my confusion.

I kind of forgot that I yelled at him and said to his face that he was the one responsible for me leaving Morelia. He wasn't and I know that, but I was getting angry that he wouldn't let me go after her.

"Akim..." He pauses and seems to be looking for the right words to say to me.

"You could have told me that you were married and starting a family." He continues, making the emotionless mask that I didn't realize I had put on disappear.

"Leonid, we're in the Bratva. Do you know how fucking dangerous it is to fall in love?" I say to him in an almost pissed off tone because I'm angry at everything and everyone but especially myself.

"Did you not fucking remember how much power we hold that we could have gotten your wife as much security as necessary for you to be comfortable?" He instantly replies to me.

"I would have understood as well if you would have simply told me the truth and that you didn't want to come back." He's the one pissed off now.

If I would have known this, I would have never left Morelia's side. I completely understand why she hates me and despises me with everything. I understand the feeling very well because I fucking hate myself too and I am also disgusted with myself.

"You could have also done things differently, Akim." Leonid continues and I'm going to let him continue talking until he has finished.

"You should have trusted Morelia and you should have told her the truth before even thinking about leaving her the way you did."

I run my hands against my face in frustration because I fucking know that. I'm very aware of it now and I so badly wish I could go back and change things. That unfortunately isn't possible, and I now have to deal with the consequences of the mess that I caused.