Chapter 4 - A New Piece

I'm going to pull my fucking hair out

Akim sighs loudly obviously to try and get my attention but I ignore him. "Stop acting like I'm a stranger and let me talk."

"Be quiet." I shut him up because I refuse to look at him for too long or talk to him more than a sentence.

After my break down a few days ago, I pushed him away from me and left. It pissed me off more how comforted I actually felt to have him hold me. It made me feel so stupid to still feel love for him and a need for his love.

"Why are you involved in all of this?" He breaks the silence again after a few minutes of me typing and staring at the laptop in front of me.

"That's none of your business." I simply reply and he shuts up again.

If only he knew it was to find our daughter so that I can get a new identity and disappear with her to another country where she would grow up happily.

I suddenly close my laptop and stand up. "I'm going home there is no use of us being together when I don't need you."

"Don't even try." I stop him before he can say a single word or even move.

I can work so much better and more comfortable if he isn't sitting beside me while staring at me.

__

"She just came back, and her supposed client took her away from us so soon." Katya says as I take a sip of my coffee.

"He probably won't be a client for long." I speak what we're both thinking, and she nods.

"Is his brother a pain in the ass?" She suddenly questions.

"I can tell by the look on your face when I mention him." She chuckles placing her mug down on the coffee table.

"Yeah, he is." It's not really a lie and I'm not sure if or when I should tell her that he isn't a stranger that I'm working with but is actually my husband instead.

"He's annoying to be honest and I want to interact with him as least as possible. I don't even need him because I'm totally capable of finding and killing Marcello on my own." I add on because I want to express what I am feeling in some way. Even if it I'm not adding any additional details.

"He must be a very annoying asshole then." She states staring down at my mug and then back at me.

I give her a confused look and she points at my mug. "You're about to crush that mug with your hand."

I look down at it and realize that she is not wrong. I immediately lighten my hold and nervously let out a small laugh.

"Yeah, he seems to bring my anger out a little."

"Speaking of anger, do you want to see the new pieces of jewelry added to my collection?" There is an excited smile on her face and a glow in her eyes by just talking about jewelry.

"Show me." I demand returning the smile just relieved that she changed the subject before I said anything stupid.

"I'll be right back." She stands up and leaves the living room.

I sigh placing my mug down and relaxing my back against the couch. After this horrible morning I went home to continue working and then Katya called.

She invited me over for coffee and I gladly accepted because I wanted to distract myself. I don't know how long I'll be able to go on with this assignment that is Marcello Romano before I become insane. Akim is going to drive me crazy by simply existing.

"Look at these beauties." Katya enters the room looking at the diamonds in her hand with so much love.

No wonder it's so hard for men to grab her attention. She looks at jewelry as if it were the definition of love.

She places the diamond necklaces in my hands and sits down in excitement as I look at them.

They're honestly mesmerizing and I understand her obsession a bit. It's so crazy how easily she can snatch things like this without getting caught or even noticed.

"They're beautiful." I say honestly as I hand them back to her.

"Yeah, I also stole some hundred-dollar bills." She says casually while placing the necklaces on the coffee table with so much care.

"Wait what does this have to do with anger?" I suddenly realize what she said a while ago.

"The people I stole the stuff from are pretty angry and looking for them like crazy people." She giggles causing me to smile at the fun she gets out of this.

"You seem very happy." I point since I've noticed it.

"My aunt is in the process of coming to live with us." She informs me with content, and it immediately makes me excited for her.

Katya and her brothers only have an aunt who is in Russia. They talk about her all the time, and I can see how much they love her and how much she means to them. She's technically their only family left so they have so much adoration and love for her.

"I'm glad that you guys will finally have her here with you." At that she stands and takes a seat beside me.

"Thank you." She hugs me tightly. "You'll have Alina home too one day. I'm sure of it."

I immediately hug her back just as tight if not tighter. It means the world to me that I have friends and family that support me so much and have given me love this whole time that I've been separated from my little Alina.

"I'm sure too." I give her a warm smile when she pulls back.

"We're going to be happy, and it's well deserved especially after everything we have went through." She returns a small smile.

She isn't wrong. There has to be a time where we're happy. I'm sure life isn't always so painful and tragic.

I'll do whatever I have to do to get Alina back and no one or anything is going to stop me.

"We're going to be happy." I repeat in assurance to both me and her.

_________________________________